The VG Resource

Full Version: Knuckles the Echidna (SEGA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: wipsn.png]
Full animation poses ARE NOT REQUIRED, BUT APPRECIATED.

Everyone who submits to this sheet who has their sprites added to the sheet will be credited. Please include a sprite of your personal character (if you have one) with your submissions so that they may added to the credit area. Finished sheet will be submitted to MFZ and Spriter's Resource.

RULES:
DO: Style edit! And I'm not just talking GBA sprites like Battle or Advance, but old skool sprites on Genesis and OTHER systems too! A note when style editing battle/advance sprites for this: these sprites are 120 times bigger than GBA sprites. This means sprites that are style edited need to be increased by a factor of 1.2. HANDS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE SCALING- at least the battle ones. Battle sprites have hands that are already the right size. Advance ones are a tish too small, so scale those a bit up.
DO: Make animatable poses, if you can! It's not a requirement, but it makes the sheet cooler Smile
DO: Use the pallete provided! It keeps the sheet consistent and keeps me from having to back later and fix everything (trust me, it's really annoying)!
DO: Ask for help if you can't get something just right! Me or someone else is sure to help out!

DON'T: Give Knuckles a gun or something. We all know he'd prefer to pound someone's face in until they stop moving.
DON'T: Claim other people's work as your own. But this should be obvious.
DON'T: Whine.

LIST OF POSES:
  • Standing
  • Walk
  • Run
  • Jump (up)
  • Jump (down)
  • Spindash
  • Shocked pose
  • Hurt
  • Emotion Heads
  • Gestures
  • Ducking
  • Hanging
  • Character specific actions
  • Character specific fighting moves
  • Character specific vehicles/gear
Lets roll sprite!

NOTICE: SPRITES WITH MANGLED PALLETS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THOSE PALLETS ARE FIXED.
Pallet mangling occurs either when:
-You upload a .tiff
-Copy and paste a sheet from EI.

Only you can prevent pallet mangling.
Knuckles spikes dont look right to me, they seem to go to far back.
EDIT - Also the Spin dash sprites look to big, they look maybe even bigger then knuckles.
OFF TOPIC - I lol'd at your reason for 'Why not to give Knuckles a gun.'
Sheet has been updated.
[Image: knuckles.png] :/
Would you prefer to be credited on the sheet as Solink or as your current name?
(06-19-2009, 11:27 AM)Deebs Wrote: [ -> ]Would you prefer to be credited on the sheet as Solink or as your current name?
Solink
hey deebs mind if i help out withsome battle styled sprites
Don't mind at all. That's what these types of projects are for Smile
(06-19-2009, 03:34 PM)Deebs Wrote: [ -> ]Don't mind at all. That's what these types of projects are for Smile

Cool! I'm working on Hyper knuckles transformation be done in a sec. Smile

EDIT: hope you like them

[Image: knuxsprites.png]
Ah- you can do those, but I suggest you hold on with them and wait. This sheet is to focus on Knuckles, not alternate forms. Later I'm going to release 'booster' sheets to the forums, which are basically sheets that go with and compliment the main sheets. That includes things like alternate forms or outfits Smile

So, Hyper Knuckles would be a booster sheet, as would Sir Gawain or Werehog or etc.
(06-19-2009, 11:50 PM)Deebs Wrote: [ -> ]Ah- you can do those, but I suggest you hold on with them and wait. This sheet is to focus on Knuckles, not alternate forms. Later I'm going to release 'booster' sheets to the forums, which are basically sheets that go with and compliment the main sheets. That includes things like alternate forms or outfits Smile

So, Hyper Knuckles would be a booster sheet, as would Sir Gawain or Werehog or etc.

Oh okay i'll hold on to them for right now, but glad I could help
An update.

Two known errors:
Sheet quality rating on the bottom hasn't been changed yet. It should be "Basic" now.
There is borked colour on a few poses, I'll fix it later.
OMG are you guys making shade too!?
because she inn that new knuckles sheet
Eventually.
Pages: 1 2