The VG Resource

Full Version: An Introduction to the Mod. Gen projects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello. You may recognize me from MFS, previous sprite submissions here, or somewhere else entirely. Or you may not know me at all. It doesn't actually matter. I'm a spriter.

After speaking with Dazz and Tonberry, I am bringing a large scale series of projects from the MFS boards here with their blessing. The projects will still remain at MFS, making this a project that spans both boards and hopefully utilizing the talent found at both.

The 'style' of the sprites is called "Modern Genesis", a name that I didn't give it myself but sort of... developed. It is, at it's heart, S3&K style with polish. My goal in creating this 'style' was to both bring a modern touch to older S3&K characters such as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, etc, but also bring in newer characters like Blaze or Silver in a consistent, high quality style for both sprite comic and fangame makers.

Quality and usability are the things I take to highest regard in these sheets.

Quality in that I desire the sprites to be consistent amongst themselves and true the characters being sprited.

Usability in that I want these sheets to be able to be used not only in things such as sprite comics, but fangames (of which a few fangames are already using these sprites) and whatever else someone's heart desires. There are basically no permissions needed to use the sheets, but it is asked that credit be given for the work that went into the sheet (though that is optional).

I will be uploading the projects to this shortly.

I hope we can all work well together :)
Glad you're here. I hope this project goes far.
It has been actually, on MFS, good to see you're here (and promoted, in charge of the projects subfourm too). Let's hope that this project goes far here too.
Smile It was my idea for her host the Modern Gen. Projects at both the MFS & at the TSR. I told her that.Smile
I love the sprites! I need to learn how to do this style so I can contribute Genki ^_^.
(06-15-2009, 12:22 PM)MaverickETC Wrote: [ -> ]I love the sprites! I need to learn how to do this style so I can contribute Genki ^_^.

I'm sure Deebs will put up a tutorial for creating sprites in her style.
It's basically the same as S3&K only with brighter colours.
(06-16-2009, 08:03 PM)Deebs Wrote: [ -> ]It's basically the same as S3&K only with brighter colours.

And a diffrent facial/body design, similar 3/4 view of that to Clyent Nite's style.
Ai, the character designs are changed from their true S3&K counterparts, but the rules for shading and such are generally the same with a few minor differences, mostly in regards to highlights. It's not too difficult.
Basically, which allows them to "do more than their true S3&K counterparts" like they do on thier sheets in thier respective topics in this subfourm, which apparently, the animation appears more fluid too. Adding that, allowing more complex characters to be sprited, say.. Perfect Chaos and Mephiles the Dark, not to mention those from the comics and other continuities, rather than editing eachother to be in style, like Ton's (older versions of) Grounder, Scratch and Coconuts.
Will you eventually be posting other characters in this board?
I hope so, I would like to see silver and blaze in the style Deebs is using.
I think they've been started. But she's not likely to post them here if this project isn't going anywhere.
Everyone here except for Gamma has been sprited.

I'm just holding back on posting them because right now the main five are of the utmost importance of getting finished, as... well, they're the main five.

Once they've reached a suitable number of sprites for their respective sheets I'll begin introducing more sheets, starting with importance to the series and going down. So after this, I'll probably be releasing Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Blaze, and Silver.

EDIT: Though I should mention I have many -more- than just what's on that list as well, having characters not on there like Shade, oldies like Fang and Bark, characters that didn't quite make it to the games like Tiara and Honey, and characters from varying continues like the cartoons and comics. There is a -lot-.

EDITx2: Here's a small image showing -some- of the different characters that I've done in this style. This image is old however so it's out of date. Big, for instance, has been revamped since this image.
[Image: sigimageiq3.png]
(06-17-2009, 10:52 AM)Deebs Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone here except for Gamma has been sprited.

I'm just holding back on posting them because right now the main five are of the utmost importance of getting finished, as... well, they're the main five.

Once they've reached a suitable number of sprites for their respective sheets I'll begin introducing more sheets, starting with importance to the series and going down. So after this, I'll probably be releasing Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Blaze, and Silver.

EDIT: Though I should mention I have many -more- than just what's on that list as well, having characters not on there like Shade, oldies like Fang and Bark, characters that didn't quite make it to the games like Tiara and Honey, and characters from varying continues like the cartoons and comics. There is a -lot-.

EDITx2: Here's a small image showing -some- of the different characters that I've done in this style. This image is old however so it's out of date. Big, for instance, has been revamped since this image.
[Image: sigimageiq3.png]

Don't Forget Tikal.
Pages: 1 2 3