The VG Resource

Full Version: Loz Wind Waker Redead sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: redeadspritesheet.png]
Couldn't hurt to add more poses, eh?
(06-10-2009, 10:12 PM)Fret Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't hurt to add more poses, eh?

yeah i kno i just threw this together what poses do u think i should do?
Add some actual shading for a start.

You're off to a good start, but this needs some serious shading and lineart tuning before it'll become acceptable. Moved to Sprite Discussion.
(06-11-2009, 12:56 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Add some actual shading for a start.

You're off to a good start, but this needs some serious shading and lineart tuning before it'll become acceptable. Moved to Sprite Discussion.
thats cool but im not to good at shading. Anyone have some pointers on how to make this better?
Start by checking the FAQ pinned topic, then look around on google for sprite tutorials.
I just made a new icon to show you guys whats coming up my redeads are almost done!Smile[Image: redeadicon2.png]
Ah, I would seriously reccomend you don't use photoshop/GIMP layer filters as easy shading methods. Not only do they send the colour count through the roof, they look terrible 99.999% of the time. There's a shading tutorial posted in the stickied thread on this board, so if you need advice on how to go about shading, you can look it up there.
(06-18-2009, 06:07 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I would seriously reccomend you don't use photoshop/GIMP layer filters as easy shading methods. Not only do they send the colour count through the roof, they look terrible 99.999% of the time. There's a shading tutorial posted in the stickied thread on this board, so if you need advice on how to go about shading, you can look it up there.
Dang! okay it did look cool for this one tho but ill do it the right way,but that gave it the 3d look so im still going to use it for my game Smile
Were the ReDeads in Wind Waker really THAT big? Because that's fucking huge.
If my words would make your life easier, I would recommend making a Wind Waker style ReDead sprite for "Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)". Minish Cap sprites are much smaller, and while following the style your looking for, may allow you to make a good sprite with more animations.
Also, it would make it quite usefully for anyone trying to make a game with it in Minish style.

Advanced appaulogies if this comes across mean in any way. Just trying to give good feed-back.

Note to you "Cooltrainer(male) Tyvon":
Oh yeah, ReDeads were that big. About twice Link's height in the game.
(06-18-2009, 08:16 PM)LordGavin Wrote: [ -> ]If my words would make your life easier, I would recommend making a Wind Waker style ReDead sprite for "Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)". Minish Cap sprites are much smaller, and while following the style your looking for, may allow you to make a good sprite with more animations.
Also, it would make it quite usefully for anyone trying to make a game with it in Minish style.

Advanced appaulogies if this comes across mean in any way. Just trying to give good feed-back.

Note to you "Cooltrainer(male) Tyvon":
Oh yeah, ReDeads were that big. About twice Link's height in the game.

yeah i could make them in minish cap style the only reason i made them this big was for my game im making but i can make small ones to and i didnt take in a mean way i understood what you were saying thanks for the advice
Good on you.
Good luck with your sprite and game.
(06-20-2009, 01:09 PM)LordGavin Wrote: [ -> ]Good on you.
Good luck with your sprite and game.

Thanks
i believe the game is being made in RMXP because of the sheet format. The resolution is 640x480, so it´s not that big.
Pages: 1 2