The VG Resource

Full Version: a human sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what the title says. also, if you send me a picture of you in a PM, I'll (attempt to) make you!

this is a sonic edit, by the by.

[Image: rlmfinalyb6.png]

so, tell me what's wrong with it, and I'll try to fix it.
Doesn't look like a Sonic edit, but the shading looks good for a first sprite. Though, for color choices such as the pants, I wouldn't use those.
More contrast please, and turn the head to face the viewer. Furthermore, shading is crap, define your light source better.
Well Zee, I said the shading is good for a first sprite. Yes, it could use work.
No neck. And since this is a human and not an anthropomorphic animal, the head is far too big for the body; and too round.
keep in mind that I'm trying to keep the sonic advance style, but I'll try adding a neck, and fixing the shading.

also, I'm kind of a n00b, but is contrast when the colors blend better, or are more distinguishable?

I'm thinking it's the first thing, but I forget. : P

also, sorry if I don't respond to your post. these forums load slow on safari...
The hair needs texture :<
and how might I go about this "hair texturising"? : P
By shading in clumps of hair, maybe even strands.
I will het that done, but I did a bot of other stuff.

like adding a neck!

[Image: RLM5.png]
More contrast means more variation in colors.

And arguing that you want to keep the face big and round because of style does not work. Style is not anatomy. Style is the way its drawn, shaded, etc.
okay, I'll attempt to shrink the head, and add contrast.

I warn you that it may not look good, though.