The VG Resource

Full Version: Mr.L ~ The Green Thunder!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tell me if there worth submitting into the edited section, what i could do to improve and what a I could add to them... Have at you!
[Image: Supermarioworld-MrLandMrW.png]

Wait... how did Mr.W get there?????
It's not a half bad edit.

Note, I said "half". Its a solid idea, but:

-You have to save it as a PNG image type, not a JPG, because now there are little bits of crud around the sprites which is something you really don't want. (EDIT: WAIT. The JPEGness I saw was just in the feather sprite, make sure you know what your saving your files as when you copy and paste)
-The shades of black you used are too similar. To avoid something like this, and for accuracy, get colors from other sprites from the game. In this case, SMW.
-You wanna make your spritesheet stand out from everyone elses, what does yours bring to the table. In this case, you should, in the credits, call it Super Mario World Style Mr. L instead of just what you have now. What happens if somebody really somehow rips the graphics from Super Paper Mario and does Mr. L.? What's he gonna call the original if you took the name for an edit in a style?
-The edit, to say the least, is simple. You changed a few colors, and the most interesting add-ins are the eyes and the handkercheif, but besides that, you didn't do much. I don't really understand the idea of the feathers and stars, there were never any items for Mr. L. You have better chances of sprites submitted being accepted if they are accurate with the character and their details.
-Again, simple edit, I mean, that's alright if your starting off. You got through making a whole sheet, so that's pretty good, you know what your doing, you just gotta start from scratch or get more complex with your edits.