The VG Resource

Full Version: Looking for some programs or advice.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm making a batman mmorpg using the program BYOND. I have iconned with byond for a while, but I'm trying to find a program that I can draw the program and convert it to byond, I can't use paint or PS, any suggestions? What I really want to do is icon the base icon, the clothes, the buildings, ect ect.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I haven't had a lot of time to look around the forum.
Nothing you're saying makes sense.
If the DoHTML bbcode worked, I'd link him right to his MSPaint program >_>
Byond is a 2d game program, you can code your own game and icon (or sprite) with it, but i'm looking for a program in which I can make a detailed picture and then convert it to Byonds 32x32 icon(sprite) size and use it in the game I plan on making, I am terrible with free hand art on the computer. Do any of you know a program similar to what i'm looking for?
Any graphics program capable of making sprites will work, your just going to have to force yourself to be able to sprite in the limitations necessary for what you want to do.

Paint, Graphics Gale, whatever, it won't make a difference, it's more about what your able to do

EDIT: Am I the only one who caught Batman "BYOND"?
Just wondering, what exactly is BYOND?
(06-05-2009, 09:41 PM)Cshad Wrote: [ -> ]Any graphics program capable of making sprites will work, your just going to have to force yourself to be able to sprite in the limitations necessary for what you want to do.

Paint, Graphics Gale, whatever, it won't make a difference, it's more about what your able to do

EDIT: Am I the only one who caught Batman "BYOND"?

It's the project i'm starting, I can icon within byond but i'm going for amazing detail, and I'm looking to use my own pictures exclusively instead of stealing other peoples work. I've iconned the base and a few other things but i'm trying to get as detailed as possible for the icons I plan on adding.
"Icon" is not a good term to use, as it's loose and essentially means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean. Sprite refers to active objects in interactive media.
(06-05-2009, 10:11 PM)Badassbill Wrote: [ -> ]"Icon" is not a good term to use, as it's loose and essentially means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean. Sprite refers to active objects in interactive media.

Sorry about that, i'm used to all of the byond lingo, spriting is a foreign word to me ahaha.
these amazing details only depend on your own skill, not on the software you're using. i'd rather recommend to stick to it and/or ask in a more specialized community(if any)
(06-05-2009, 09:51 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering, what exactly is BYOND?
I'm sorry for the bump but I'm more alert and awake and I can word out what i'm looking for. I'm trying to find a program that I can sprite any size of icon in, and then save my finished work to a sprite sheet or atleast make it so I can make a sprite sheet and then add it on. The reason being is I need to icon large statues and buildings and the like, any programs coming to mind? All help and suggestions are much appreciated.
And a quick off topic, anyone have a cloverfield monster icon on hand that you could send me?
(06-05-2009, 09:51 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering, what exactly is BYOND?

(06-05-2009, 08:51 PM)Tea Tree Wrote: [ -> ]I'm making a batman mmorpg using the program BYOND.

Apparently some 2D MMO maker. I bet this answers your question.

I'd try Character Raiser if you can. But then again, it takes practice to make a spriter, not the program.
I was wondering, did you actually ask already on the byond's oficial comunity?
(06-10-2009, 12:15 PM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering, did you actually ask already on the byond's oficial comunity?

Byond's forums aren't easy to use, I did try to look around for some suggestions but I couldn't find anything.
Besides, I thought I would have better luck at a site made for spriting.
Pages: 1 2