The VG Resource

Full Version: Aaron's Aron (Pokemon topic #3489347)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: aroni.png]
5 colors.
Working on a run animation.
C+C?
And yes, my real name is Aaron.
Looks too jagged.
Try smoothen it out a but and it will look much better.
i think i should make shawn's shaymin.

this is ok. the head is too big and the shading is dirty and gross.
It looks better without the white highlights
Hmm

Goddamnit, I should get in on this fad I suppose.
[Image: 304Aron.png]

I used to love this pokemon, he was my favorite out of the entire 3rd generation (other than metagross).

I think one of the main problems you have in this sprite is the eye, it looks way to small. Aron's head is also really pointy at the top, and you should try to round it off a bit more, as well as the side of the head where to eye is. The side should have small circles cut out of it, but yours looks kinda lumpy. I think you should reverse the dark area and the bright area on Aron's head, that way you can use highlights a bit easier. The "holes" also don't looks big enough in some areas, nor round enough in some (ie the stomach).

I think you should up the contrast so he looks more blue than grey, as well as clean it up a bit, as it doesn't look as "clean" as it should be, but if your're going for something dirtier that's cool too.
(06-05-2009, 09:08 PM)Cshad Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 304Aron.png]

I used to love this pokemon, he was my favorite out of the entire 3rd generation (other than metagross).

are we the same person
I liked the aron family best out of gen3 too
edit- (and metagross too)
The head is not that jagged.
(06-05-2009, 09:31 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2009, 09:08 PM)Cshad Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 304Aron.png]

are we the same person
I liked the aron family best out of gen3 too
edit- (and metagross too)
no cshad is cool
Raytheon and vipershark, just get out of my topic. But you most of all Raytheon. Get. The fuck. Out.

I was going for shading coming from the side, but I guess that doesn't work. I'm just so sick of my old style of shading.
And the big head (and back spike) was supposed to be style, but ok.

Will update soon (when I'm not you-know-what).
Quote:no cshad is cool

What the fuck is with you? Viper did absolutely nothing to you and you have to go and be a prick?

I'm sorry they had to ruin your topic rabid.

Anyway, for some crits, the head appears a little too long and and narrow. The holes and eyes should be bigger. And I suggest lighter colors, yours are a little too dull an un-metallic. The body is fine though.
So it means I should have a Metagross?

anyway, while i wont comment on the colors since i'd asume you choose these for a reason, i'd say the lower part of his body needs way more volume. making the comparision with the ref posted, the whole body should be wider in order to make these legs move.
The sprite itself is too elongated, and if you are using the picture as a ref you need to make the head face more to his left away from us, otherwise the other outline just looks like a messy line
it isnt messy, he's trying to portrait a shell with holes on it.

actually the whole shell part of the pokemon is ok, what needs to be fixed is the proportion of the body.