The VG Resource

Full Version: Keyblades, anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dunno if anyone's done these before, really. I didn't even look (too lazy), but I was just screwin' around with the Keyblades from the GBA Kingdom Hearts game, Chain of Memories. I wanted to make the wooden sword from KH1 and that cool sword you use during the little beginning tutorial. I named it "Strength of the hero" because I'm not sure if it really has a name. Then, out of boredom, I picked a random Keyblade from KH2 to sprite. I didn't do any of these from scratch, I just sort of edited a little. The last one is a shameless recolor though, but only because I just love King Mickey's Keyblade. The colors look good together like that.

I used most of the same colors from other Keyblades to try to keep to the games color style.

[Image: keyblades.png]

Tell me if I did good or not. Wasn't really hard. Maybe spent 2 - 4 minutes on each one. I also might make more if I get into it.
The wooden sword is pillowshaded. The sides of Fenrir's handle are purple, not grey.

Besides that, they're decent.
Ah, right. Now I remember. Should have looked at a reference picture or something. It's been a little while since I've played.

I'll fix that in a bit, and work on more.
Okay, fixed the problems. Used my own purple for the sides, because the purples on the other Keyblades were just too light. I also re-did the shading for the Wooden Sword using my own brown as well. I hope I did alright.

[Image: keyblades.png]

Also, I'm working on the next Keyblade. I'll probably have it up later today.