The VG Resource

Full Version: MK's spriting project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
King of the Mushroom Kingdom.
You don't need any information on it so bug off.
[Image: notkotmk-5.png]
[Image: notkotmkpart2.png]

oh, and this is a kind of outdated version, however I'm not on the right computer to post the updated version.
bah, didn't see the sprite project forum.
move please.
People would join this project and help you (unless this is a solo project) if you would have a pallette and a tutorial on the style. The body of the koopa is out of proportion and the face isnt right. (The body is too long and they only have feet, not legs). (please dont be a n00b who will scream at me for being 'mean')
Don't worry, Torres, I'm not an asshole.
This is a solo project, and I'll take your critique into consideration, thanks.
i'd say these sprites are p awful and i would reconsider a whole redrawn in a more... interesting style. but i doubt that would fit as a critique.

but if anything has to be said, is that these koopas really need a revision on their anatomy.
(06-03-2009, 06:25 PM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]i'd say these sprites are p awful and i would reconsider a whole redrawn in a more... interesting style. but i doubt that would fit as a critique.

but if anything has to be said, is that these koopas really need a revision on their anatomy.

"More interesting style"? What do you mean, something more uniquely satisfying? Because, really, these are perhaps the best I've made :X
I can see where you're coming from, however, they are rather non stylized, a bit too boring to look at? I don't know, but I also agree with your anatomy comment on the koopas; I'm rather bad at this shit, and I'm really considering practicing at that whole humanoid thing. In fact, I think I'll go do that now!~
PS: @Torres; Koopas have legs.
[Image: Koopa-Troopa.JPG]
See? Legs.
but to put legs on them has to be a decision based on the whole style you want to give youir project. making stuff out of thin air would eventually turn everything into a mess. it is something you must have in consideration if yuo want to plan this as a game, or a simple project, or whatever this is suposed to be. there are several issues such as pillowshading, huge abuse of colors, lack of contrast, lack of shading, anatomy errors, boring style, and other minor details.

the point is not to discourage you, but rather to make you aware that this, as it is, is shit. and for that, i would wokr on a single character, fix every single detail in it, and then move into the next subject, and also think about how to make this special, diferent from any of the other hundred mario re-sprited sheets out there.
The only things I like on the sheet are the Goombas (except the helmeted, suprised, and mummy ones), though you may want to reshade them. Everything else should go back to the drawing board as Metaru already pointed out.