The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario Super Sluggers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://gonintendo.com/?p=45300
Includes character selection screen inside. No Rosalina Sad

Discuss.
Rosalina will probably be an unlockable like she was in mario kart wii.

Anyways,im really looking forward to this game! =D
if its like wii sports were you cant field,than it would suck.
It looks exactly like the original Mario Baseball with motion control in gameplay vids. So there'll probably still be fielding.

The original was pretty good, and this looks promising. Hopefully there's a "no motion" control scheme though, I liked MSB's controls yet was never fond of Wii Sports baseball controls.

And King K. Rool playable? Awesome.
Didn't play the last one, probably won't play this one.
New characters look like....
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Blooper
Funky Kong
Tiny Kong
Baby Donkey Kong
K. Rool
Kremling
Wiggler
God. Do we really need this game? Is it really that important that yet another Mario sports game needs to be made? Don't we have enough already? I wish Nintendo would stop trying to milk the cash cow with all these spinoffs and make real Mario games. A few spinoffs once in a while are okay, but Nintendo makes way too many Mario spinoffs.
still waiting for mario allstar football.
who's that next to Baby Mario

it looks like Pichu but that can't be right.

so that's all the characters or are there more to come? I've heard 60 characters as a number, which seems too high, but this looks like the same number as the GCN one with some characters from the other one missing (Noki is the one I thought off the top of my head
Next to Baby Mario would be Noki Tongue

But something tells me that's not all of the characters. Because looking at it, there's not enough room for everybody. In the first selection screen, two spaces are blotted out to mark selected characters. Yet, there are three characters selected.
Baby Wario next to Baby Luigi? Dunno, looks like Wario but Wario is obviously on the first row.
Edit : Hrmm... apparently from one of the comments its Monty Mole. Hmm...
I found out about K. Rool and Kritter a while ago. Certainly made me more interested in the game.
So uh...

Why are the DK and Yoshi subseries emphisied in the spinoffs, but Wario Ware is thrown under the bus again?

Is it that hard to have Wario use an alternate costume, and add a few Ware mainstays? Mona, Crygor, Ashley, 9-Volt?

I mean, We're playing as K.Rool in Mario Baseball now. Not to mention the OVERFLOW of Baby Characters.
Yeah, K. Rool in a mario spinoff? WTF? That's a big stretch...
I was going to point out that Baseball requires more players than other sports games, and DK's team in the first one didn't seem to make much sense with Koopas and Goombas on it, but K. Rool and Kritters wouldn't make much sense either. I have a feeling they'll both be on Bowser's team or something.

Of course, Wario having King Boo, Petey, and Magikoopas on his team didn't make much sense either. Maybe they're too lazy to model the Ware crew or something.
Japanese site is up! Nothing much though.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmbj/index.html
Pages: 1 2