The VG Resource

Full Version: Megaman Powered Up! Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome!
Hey guys! So, we found a pretty good Flash coder named Shounic. He and I have teamed up to make a Megaman Powered Up! fangame. We are still making some sprites so it will take a while.

Sprites
Megaman
[Image: p10160258.gif]
[Image: p10160262.gif]
[Image: p10160256.gif]

Other Characters
[Image: p10187760.gif]

Robot Masters
[Image: p10171472.gif]

Enemies
[Image: p10177085.gif]
[Image: p10178126.gif]

Gameplay
Like most classic Megaman games, we will be having gameplay similar to both NES and SNES gameplay. NES, mainly coming from Megaman 5 (Charge Shot, Slide, etc) and Megaman 8. You will be playing as Megaman throughout the entire game. Facing 8 new robot masters, heading for Wily's castle, etc.

Storyline
The game takes place after Megaman 9 and before the Megaman X series. Being the last game of the classic Megaman series. Little will be told about the storyline, but I am going to tell you that there will be a few "surprise" character guests. Wink

Support and Feedback
Here, you guys can tell me some stuff you want to say, ask, etc.

8 Robot Masters
I have decided 4 of the 8 Robot Masters that Megaman will face. Since there are only 4 so far, positive ideas will be entertained. Wink

Pyroman
Noiseman
Discman
Virusman

Stages
There will be an intro stage and for those who would want to help with this section, here are some stuff.

[Image: p10180301.gif][Image: p10187775.gif]

We will be using 30x30 tilesets. Use the color pallete for all kinds of sprites (characters, enemies, tiles, etc)

The color pallete is official but lacks a huge amount of colors (more will be added by me of course, depends on which colors are actually needed)

Needed People
Sheeters (Bosses)
Sheeters (Stage Enemies)
Stage Designers/Stage Spriters (Tiles, Stages)
Backgrounds

NOTICE I will be posting more info each time there is a need to update. Please support! Thanks!
you should really make the other four wimmin.
that is so cool i am going to tell all of my friends about that
The sprites: They are pretty good for the most part. The animations are great, and most of them look good. The biggest issue is you seem a bit technically confused on some things; your lightsourcing specifically. The lightsource on most of your sprites is very inconsistant - the legs often reflect different lightsources from eachother and other areas of the body. For example, the helmet indicates that the lightsource is behind Mega Man, whereas the face indicates that it is in front of him. You also seem to slip into some bad pillowshading habits, especially on (the grey part of) Proto Man's body, which, not to be overly critical or anything, looks awful. Mega Man's armor is also too dark, and the feet feel more like hooves then feet in the way that they don't seem to have any stretch outwards.

Protoman's helmet and sunglasses is very bad.

The Robot Master (and probably the other sprites as well) needs to have the left leg lowered a pixel to show the implied depth.

Hopefully some of this critique has helped??

Quote:Storyline
The game takes place after Megaman 9 and before the Megaman X series. Being the last game of the classic Megaman series. Little will be told about the storyline, but I am going to tell you that there will be a few "surprise" character guest
Oh gee is it Zero
(06-02-2009, 08:49 PM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Storyline
The game takes place after Megaman 9 and before the Megaman X series. Being the last game of the classic Megaman series. Little will be told about the storyline, but I am going to tell you that there will be a few "surprise" character guest
Oh gee is it Zero
oh man this game is really making me excited
I'm not saying who the secret surprise person is because we haven't really thought about who the person is gonna be. There are so many to choose from (Classic, Legends, X, Zero, ZX, EXE, Starforce). I understand what you're saying about the light source thingy. I just followed the render, really.

To anyone who want to submit sprites or ideas, go ahead. Smile
Which isn't a good idea; model and sprite are completely different mediums.
I need sheeters!

Returning Enemies
[Image: MM1Met.GIF]Met
[Image: MM2BubbleBat.GIF]Batton
[Image: MM2PipeBomber.GIF]Pipe Bomber
[Image: MM1SniperJoe.GIF]Sniper Joe
[Image: MM9ShieldAttacker.GIF]Shield Attackers

These are their sprites from NES games. This will serve as references to anyone who wants to sprite them. Wink

@Gizmonicgamer - What do you mean?
(06-03-2009, 09:06 PM)Medevenx Wrote: [ -> ]\
@Gizmonicgamer - What do you mean?

He means exactly what he said. A two-dimensional array of blocks of color - a 'sprite' is completely different from a three-dimensional set of oriented triangles joined together to form shapes - a 'model.' This applies to his saying that simply 'following the render' is generally a bad idea because what looks good for those triangles will come out comparatively bad when directly applied to those colored blocks. You have to translate them, and in this case that means taking liberties to make the sprite technically correct and, most importantly, look better.
The render I used was a 2D image. LINK
Which would probably be the reason why I did not understand what he said.
(06-06-2009, 02:12 AM)Medevenx Wrote: [ -> ]The render I used was a 2D image. LINK
Which would probably be the reason why I did not understand what he said.

Ah, that would cause confusion. But, see, the render's shading looks correct, whereas your sprite doesn't: Notice how, in the render, the lighter areas of his boots ah on the left, just as the 'shine' on his helmet suggests. Your sprite does the opposite with his boots.

In other news, I made a quick pipe bomber.
[Image: PipeBomber.png]
The one in the square is the palette-corrected-and-tile-fitted version.
I see what you mean. Wink

That's great BTW! I really like it. I actually made my own a few days ago.
[Image: p10180393.gif][Image: p10180396.gif]
1 or 2?

I use Megaman 8's Pipe Bomber for references. Because I really liked its design. However, I am going to use the NES version of the Shield Attacker because the Shield Attacker has a clown face in Megaman 8 which I don't think is really cute. If you want, you can sheet mine. Wink Because I kinda' liked the Pipe Bomber to be in Megaman 8 style. Sorry. But your sprite is really great too.
(06-06-2009, 03:01 AM)Medevenx Wrote: [ -> ]I see what you mean. Wink

That's great BTW! I really like it. I actually made my own a few days ago.
[Image: p10180393.gif][Image: p10180396.gif]
1 or 2?

I use Megaman 8's Pipe Bomber for references. Because I really liked its design. However, I am going to use the NES version of the Shield Attacker because the Shield Attacker has a clown face in Megaman 8 which I don't think is really cute. If you want, you can sheet mine. Wink Because I kinda' liked the Pipe Bomber to be in Megaman 8 style. Sorry. But your sprite is really great too.

There's no reason why you couldn't have two different types of Pipe Bombers, you'd pick the one that fits the stage best. Also, 2 is better, but his pupils should be less tall and thin - it looks off. I'd also shrink his eyes, but maybe that's just me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: You really need to find a light source and stick with it, man. The light source for the Pipe Bomber is... really thin, and comes from the center of the sprite, yet Sniper Joe is, for the most part, shaded with the light source in front of and above him.
Possible. But are you willing to sheet mine/yours? I already have the idea for my Pipe Bomber to be on Virusman's stage. Wink