The VG Resource

Full Version: A-10 Attack! Chit Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there everybody! I've been gone quite a while, but I've come back with something good. My first official rip!
[Image: A-10Attack-Chits.png]
This here is a complete sheet of one of the rare 2-D objects in a forgotten 3-D Macintosh game called A-10 Attack!, released in 1995 by the now extinct Parsoft Interactive. This game's greatest claim to fame was it's primary programmer: Eric "Hellcat" Parker; the guy responsible for Hellcats Over the Pacific, A-10 Cuba!, and Fighter Squadron: Screamin' Demons over Europe.

To this day, I will be bold enough to make the claim that this game has the most realistic physics engine that I have ever seen in a combat flight simulator.

These "chits" as the game's manuel calls them, are simply the icons that represent allies, neutrals, and enemies in the "Overworld Tactical Map" of the game. The actual in-game takes place in a complete 3-D enviornment (and therefore is un-rippable). This setup is just like Super Strike Eagle, except you are not "forced" into combat every time your plane encounters an enemy. The player is free at all times to move between the tactical map and actual control of the fighter.
Ah, I have years of memories caught up in this game...

Enough prattling! Hope you guys like it!

P.S. Oh! I almost forgot. You guys need those icon buttons for the game and for the sprite sheet. I'm sorry, I couldn't find a good picture of the boxart online for the game's icon, but I did make a rather dramatic screenshot of the A-10 taking off at dawn.
[Image: A-10Attack-tSRGameIconButton.png] (Gah! Just realized how dark the shot is on a light background...)
[Image: A-10Attack-tSRChitsIconButton.png]
There you go. Have a nice day!

P.S.S. -- I may decide to rip the A-10's cockpit and the pilot helmet icons, since those are the only other pre-rendered graphics in the game...
My friend owned this when I was much younger - it was wicked hard.
Nice rips Smile