The VG Resource

Full Version: WIP/Garbage Dump thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: targetpreviewpo4.gif]

I haven't been feeling very artistic lately, and I've not been able to finish anything. Hell, I'm having trouble starting anything. So here are two attempts at making a dynamic looking Samus which ended up being just doodles, and a very, very bad attempt at starting a KOF Mario. Which was supposed to be super muscular like all those Communist Mario parodies. I ended up as a generic looking Mario head. Maybe some other time.

Post your garbage/WIPs here. Critique, compliment, edit, whatever.
I'd love to see that Zero worked on some more. =]

[Image: targetpreviewss2.gif]

Admittedly I expected that posting about what I'd never finish would inspire me to work. Still, no promises that I'll ever flesh either of those out. You're welcome try though.
[Image: targetpreviewxj2.gif]
What was once going to be a grapple pose is becoming an injured/thrown pose. Salvaging the upper half for aiming high. Also a right facing idle.

Requesting a pin, please. The line art thread is pinned.
Also I don't want to have to bump it shamefully. I'd rather edit my older posts. =[
Seriously, man- some of this stuff is really interesting to look at. They could even be turned into cool sprites Big Grin. Some of them may need to be changed, but they are good ^^. They're not garbage, they're POTENTIAL.
I was all into this, until I found out that the Hidden Dragon keyblade is REALLY FUCKING HARD to sprite; without abusing some colour limits.

I kinda gave up after that. Shame, because the KH Customs section on tSR is awful.

[Image: kingdomkeylj0.png]

Edit: I might sticky this if it builds in popularity. The lineart thread was a well-established sticky on PT, so it carried over.
Chris2balls Wrote:Seriously, man- some of this stuff is really interesting to look at. They could even be turned into cool sprites Big Grin. Some of them may need to be changed, but they are good ^^. They're not garbage, they're POTENTIAL.
Garbage IS potential. =p

I kind of enjoy recreating old things I've done, so don't be surprised if some of my new work is buffed up old garbage.

@ GrooveMan -
I've never been a Kingdom Hearts fan, but that Oblivion in progress looks like it could have kicked butt. They also remind me of Summon Night.
I'm not sure if that was intentional though.

[Image: targetpreviewmn8.gif]

Re-organized, gave myself some working room.
Optimistically, this means I'll get to clean, and color at least one frame.

[Image: targetpreviewfw8.gif]

Old, unfinished lawyer heads that may or may not ever be worked on again...

[Image: targetpreviewnr9.gif]
[Image: targetpreviewyf4.gif]

Other crap from my WIP folder.
That's right, it's in Summon Night style. The game's pretty obscure, good on you for guessing. ^^