The VG Resource

Full Version: Shin Megami Tensei
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who else other than me has played the series?

Persona Series is excluded since it is a spinoff.
Most of the SMT games are spinoffs.

Eh, I tried playing the first and it was just generic JRPG Grindan, and the DS incarnation is actually kinda boring (in Japanese, the plotline might rescue it). The MMO is good though.

I want to play Nocturne (since that's apparently the 'best' one), but I've not seen it anywhere.
I might check the MMO. I remember the Demi Kids spinoff, where you recruit demons in a similar fashion to (persona, amirite?) another game with similar recruitment.

Plot involves saving both dimensions from an evil entity, while recuiting all in the demons in Dem (optional). of course, there are battles and evolution.. guess that's the only Shin Megami Tensei spinoff I played (and own).. It was back when the fanbase in the US was tiny-er and during the GBA era, if memory serves.
That's japanese for "fucking overrated" isn't it?
Actually I guess the Shin Megami Tensai games are supposed to be really good. The only one i've played is the SNES one (the translation is on up at AGTP) and the devil summoner games, which were both really good.