The VG Resource

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Ripping Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: 2q8so01.png]
The ROM leaked out a day earlier than expected, which means a project is underway!

First and foremost...DO NOT ASK, or PM me for the ROM! However, I will at least say...it runs relatively smoothly; smoothly enough to rip the available sprites on the latest version of DeSmuME. Any other emulator (and R4-like device) will be hindered by the AP.

That said, here is a rough list of the stuff that's rippable:

-Command Menu and Options
-Panels
-Party member faceshots/HP bars
-Playable character faceshots/HP bars

The command menu is relatively simple; as for panels, I don't know how many there are, but most likely hundreds... The party member faceshots and AI stuff is there is 13 of them in total from the get-go. At some point in the game, around four (or five) additional characters will become playable, and hence rippable.

Now to prevent confusion and organizational mess, this is where a list of all project members will be listed, and exactly how they will be contributing (completed parts will be underlined):
- -Q-: Command menu, playable character portraits/bars #1-13.
- Barubary: playable character portraits/bars #, Mugshots
-
-
-
-

What's Been 100% Completed So Far:
[Image: 2425toh.png] [Image: 15qoz84.png] [Image: kh358_2_mugshots_icon.png] [Image: 2uj5ba9.png]

Alright, let's git to it!
Ah, I was wondering when the ROM would show up. You say it has running issues on Flashcarts and NO$GBA? That's interesting actually - Squeenix seems to like its piracy protection.

Off hand, does that mean that DeSmuME will run TWEWY smoothly too? If you know, of course.
(05-29-2009, 09:38 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I was wondering when the ROM would show up. You say it has running issues on Flashcarts and NO$GBA? That's interesting actually - Squeenix seems to like its piracy protection.

Off hand, does that mean that DeSmuME will run TWEWY smoothly too? If you know, of course.
Haven't tried it, but now that you mention it, I have incentive to test it out. There's definitely some stuff I want to snag from there, too.
Ooh, I'm excited. Can't wait for more.
I like where this is going, but you should make an icon for the sheet and put them on the first post. Also, what's with that guy in the credit tag?
Ok....this is a problem. I ran into a bit of a snag.... Seems like this emulator isn't completely AP-free; it always crashes at a certain point in the first Story mission with Axel. To unlock the Panel System menu, you have to clear the mission... And without the Panel system, you can't exactly rip the entirety of the command menu since the panel grid controls all aspects of your character...so yeah, I'll post what I got done, but the Item and Magic menus are missing. Hopefully I can find some really, really HQ screenshots of those two in action and do something about it...
[Image: izx69z.png]
http://i39.tinypic.com/izx69z.png

I should prolly find something else to do in the meantime, at least until they patch up the AP... I'm thinking maybe the AI partner faceshots/bars.

(05-29-2009, 02:03 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]I like where this is going, but you should make an icon for the sheet and put them on the first post. Also, what's with that guy in the credit tag?
One day randomly when I was googling up the world "plunger", I found picture. That's when I decided anytime I would submit anything, I'd put him there as a signature. It was destiny.
UPDATE:

Aherm....sorry. False alarm. Umm..
[Image: s6kdw6.png]
http://i40.tinypic.com/s6kdw6.png

Command menu done. Genki ^_^
[Image: kh358_2_mugshots_icon.png] [Image: kh358_2_battleportraits_icon.png]
These should be all the mugshots and portraits. (I cannot say I've checked the entire ROM, so there is a small possibility there are more)
Wow Barubary, these are good. I know I kinda spoiled the game for myself looking at the mugshots, but still.
(05-29-2009, 06:39 PM)Barubary Wrote: [ -> ][Image: kh358_2_mugshots_icon.png] [Image: kh358_2_battleportraits_icon.png]
These should be all the mugshots and portraits. (I cannot say I've checked the entire ROM, so there is a small possibility there are more)
Nice! Since I already ripped half of the battle mugs, do you want me to add the ones I'm missing to that sheet to save space?
Hey Barubary/Q -
if you're using cool hacking techniques to rip all this, just one question - are the image filed LZ-compressed? I'm doing something else with the game [script] so yeah - just curious.
(05-29-2009, 09:41 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Barubary/Q -
if you're using cool hacking techniques to rip all this, just one question - are the image filed LZ-compressed? I'm doing something else with the game [script] so yeah - just curious.
I wouldn't know; I'm doing it old school.
(05-29-2009, 09:41 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Barubary/Q -
Yep, most of the images are, as well as most files that look like they could be the texts (in 'str/ja/'-folders). Note that they only use the extended LZ compression (with 0x11 as the first byte), and thus aren't properly decompressed by most LZ-decompressors.

(05-29-2009, 06:58 PM)-Q- Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Since I already ripped half of the battle mugs, do you want me to add the ones I'm missing to that sheet to save space?
Go ahead. =)
Great job guys... What else is there to rip? Blank
Pages: 1 2 3 4