The VG Resource

Full Version: Back from Colorado with a new style(C+C)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new to spriting, so mainly I'm just hoping for comments and critique.
These are the Zols:
[Image: ZolsMLSS.png]
I'm not sure If they should have more poses, or what... The small eyeless ones underneath the red column are when they get split in half.
Anyhow, Octorocks:
[Image: OctorokMLSS.png]
Again, not sure, but I think the legs might be a little wonky.
And now, a Lanmola!
[Image: LanmolaMLSS.png]
A few of the sprites were placed wrong, but' I'm too lazy to fix them right now.
Any help, comments, etc. welcome! -CO
Update! Added the Lanmola to the first post.
I think he animation of the lanmola should be smoother, mlss style is very smooth.
Yeah, that is an issue. Once I fix it(Probably by Wednesday) I'll put that up. Thanks for the critique!
Well, instead of fixing that Lanmola, I kinda doodled on paint and ended up with this.
[Image: Scene.jpg]
Not sure where I'm going with this. I think the lighting is different on the tree and the bridge.
No JPEGs.
stick to one sprite untill you finish it, or you'll quickly pile a lot of WIPs with no real future.
The Lanmola sucks, it really does I'm sorry. Ok, demonstration. Stand up, and try to tilt your head as close to a 90 degree angle as you can, it is impossible without tilting your body that direction. The same should apply to the Lanmola, no worm is straight like that, so make it seem like a curvy line instead of a straight one.

The Zols are pillowshaded and the Octoroks' colors dont have enough contrast and the colors are eye burning.

These are the same comments I got on my first sprites, but hey, everybody has to improve.
(06-03-2009, 10:51 PM)Torres. Wrote: [ -> ]The Lanmola sucks, it really does I'm sorry. Ok, demonstration. Stand up, and try to tilt your head as close to a 90 degree angle as you can, it is impossible without tilting your body that direction. The same should apply to the Lanmola, no worm is straight like that, so make it seem like a curvy line instead of a straight one.

The Zols are pillowshaded and the Octoroks' colors dont have enough contrast and the colors are eye burning.

These are the same comments I got on my first sprites, but hey, everybody has to improve.
You never played Rally X do you?
Perhaps these are at least a bit less pillowshaded? The dark outlined one might be a better version...
[Image: ZolsMLSSv2.png]

I'm not sure where to go with the octo, though. I tried using some different colors and this is the base sprite.
[Image: MLSSoctoU.png]

The lanmola Probably just needs to be scrapped and reworked with a curved line in mind...
the dark outline seems a valid option.
Again with the Zols-
[Image: ZolsMLSSv3.png]
I think the red ones need some other colors. Too close to the same.
don't be afriad of using some purple as the darker shadow of the red ones, and some blue for the green ones, avoiding gradient-based shadows.
[Image: 78385832.png]
made some edits, i'll let you study what i did.
Okay, I see how you did the colors so that they contrast better as well as the eyes becoming black so that they show up. I've been trying to do these in the MLUnsureS battle style, so I'd need to add AA, right? You also flattened out one of the poses on the second row, but I'm not sure why. Is that to make it look like it's going into the ground? Thanks for helping me get somewhat better!
Isn't the lightsource at the top in MLSS Overworld?
Pages: 1 2