The VG Resource

Full Version: Cavern Amethyst: Kabuto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cavern Amethyst: Kabuto is my new fangame based off the Naruto series and also partially Jump! Superstars. I'm still fleshing out the story and will release more details soon. This is what I have so far:

setting: Konoha, 10 years after Shippuden

Characters in party:
Kabuto
Anko
Kon
Monkey D. Luffy

if you have any suggestions, please give them to me.

This game is being created using RPG Maker 2003.
wait a sec
this is a naruto game
with bleach and one piece characters
please tell me that this is a JSS spinoff and not a naruto spinoff
I'll need some actual storyline, and visible project progress please. Or I'mma lock this.
@Viper: Yes, its a JSS spinoff with the story focusing on Konoha but moving to other regions.

@Grooveman: I will get it posted.

Story of the game so far:

Kabuto is the new Hokage of Konoha. He, Anko, Kon, and Luffy are all close friends. The village is peaceful. Except one day....a mysterious cave opens up near Konoha. The cave is full of Sound Ninja who are attacking Konoha! Kabuto and friends must find a way to close the cave, but how will they ever complete the task?

Progress: Konoha map built, Kabuto character design and battle animations complete. Tilesets programmed. This game is being made in RPG Maker 2003.
How about actually posting those sprites in this thread then?
Ok i will post them in a few minutes. and some screenshots of the game in progress.
sorry about the poor picture quality, the program requires BMPs, so I will have to post them like that.
[Image: inbattle.jpg][Image: inbattle.jpg]
[Image: konoha.jpg]
Sprites look good. Map's a little shakey to me.
Yeah, on the map it looks kinda like you just threw some trees and houses around.
I'm not so great at mapping, but i am fairly ok at putting the characters together. Im not so good at custom sprites but i had to resort to making my own because there is no suitable Kabuto overworld:
[Image: kabutooverworld.jpg]
and also here's my concept game over screen:
[Image: LOLZMESSAGE.jpg]

also, this game is probably going to be a CRPG, which is a Comedy RPG. I really want it to be funny. I know for sure that one of the boss battles is going to have Caramelldansen as the background music. If you think this is a bad idea, then please tell me so, and also then tell me another way to use Caramelldansen in my game if its not a comedy.(I really like caramelldansen Smile )
The more I see, the less sense it makes...
well uh thanks. thats kinda the goal.
(06-01-2009, 08:14 PM)Kabuto Wrote: [ -> ]well uh thanks. thats kinda the goal.
Your goal is to confuse the shit out of us with a fangame that seemingly makes no sense?

Well! That makes perfect sense to me. Just not sure if it'll jive with the administration around here...
Hey, this guy can make whatever the fuck he wants as long as the thread he posts meets with basic thread criteria for Fangames.

Doesn't mean I don't think it's shit, however.
(06-02-2009, 02:28 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't mean I don't think it's shit, however.
You're so blunt. Very Sad I've sort of been trying to avoid saying that... Now I gotta agree with you. T_T
i havent decided the genre totally, but i know mostly. I think the comedy idea is not so great since no one likes it. I thought of a better idea now. Its just gonna be an RPG version of the Jump! Superstars games. Because those have tons of mashups, and i like doing mashups. Just wondering though....should it have Mario and Sonic and other video game characters in it? I think that would be good, but if thats a crappy idea please tell me.
Pages: 1 2