The VG Resource

Full Version: What's the Point?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the point of having this forum if admins or someone else will always nag you for it? You nagged me, you nagged someone else. I'd say that this forum is pointless & that it needs to be deleted.

Sorry if anyone is against this, but you don't want to be nagged, do you?
I honestly have no idea who you are.
There is a proper way to request that won't get you nagged. You don't go demanding people with "ZOMGZ, LIEK I NEED THIS SPRITES NAAAOOOO!!!!1one11!"

You just ask...well, as if you wanted a favour. That's all a request is really, if someone gets it done for you, it's because that wanted to help you out.
Requests are requests within reason. Considering you're asking people to do things for you out of sheer charity, asking for many things and/or unreasonable things will get you called out. We're not your sprite slaves.

Furthermore, requesting in a tone that's not agressive, or requesting in a way that makes sense will have a more positive result.

I don't need to make a rules thread for this board, do I? They're really demeaning.
(05-23-2009, 06:16 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Requests are requests within reason. Considering you're asking people to do things for you out of sheer charity, asking for many things and/or unreasonable things will get you called out. We're not your sprite slaves.

Furthermore, requesting in a tone that's not agressive, or requesting in a way that makes sense will have a more positive result.

I don't need to make a rules thread for this board, do I? They're really demeaning.

"We're not your sprite slaves." Technically you are, because all of you make sprites & have them posted, request or not.

Lock this thread if you want, but I'm trying to get across to people. I want to make a good sprite sheet.

Could someone give me a link to SemiJuggalo's page? I want to tell him/her something.
(05-22-2009, 08:59 PM)Champion Shawn Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly have no idea who you are.

Check my username, genius.
(05-23-2009, 06:21 AM)RoyboyX Wrote: [ -> ]"We're not your sprite slaves." Technically you are, because all of you make sprites & have them posted, request or not.

People rip and make sprites of their own free will, not because you asked them to.

You don't really have much of an argument here. Just keep in mind that you're more likely to be assisted if you make reasonable requests with an even tone, and it'll be cool.

Or stay the way you are and get no help at all. I don't mind either way.
(05-23-2009, 06:31 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2009, 06:21 AM)RoyboyX Wrote: [ -> ]"We're not your sprite slaves." Technically you are, because all of you make sprites & have them posted, request or not.

People rip and make sprites of their own free will, not because you asked them to.

You don't really have much of an argument here. Just keep in mind that you're more likely to be assisted if you make reasonable requests with an even tone, and it'll be cool.

Or stay the way you are and get no help at all. I don't mind either way.

Never mind. You know what, that's it. Forget it. Forget my sprites. Forget them. I'll have to rip/make them myself, but they'll get rejected.

At least one spritesheet getting on would be nice!
See that's exactly what I mean. Getting all angry just because we're not inclined to do exactly what you want.

I wish you luck in your spriting attempts.