The VG Resource

Full Version: 21 Burst (GB game in Champion Shawn's style)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on a cave story like game, in Shawn's style. So far I have started game development and have programed and sprited a few things. so far I really like how it is turning out. I have limited internet access so this will be update every so often.
[Image: thame1.png]

Anyone can help if they want, and anything is open,e.x. enemies backgrounds, weapons, buildings, etc. This will hopefully turn out really good. Will update my sprite work now and then.

EDIT: Sorry if the pic turned out small, computer not liking me.
Small image. :- (

But I feel surprisingly happy that I inspired someone. Cutec

Edit: I'll give criticism and such when I get hold of a full sized pic.
(05-22-2009, 03:22 PM)Champion Shawn Wrote: [ -> ]Small image. :- (

But I feel surprisingly happy that I inspired someone. Cutec

Edit: I'll give criticism and such when I get hold of a full sized pic.

Thanks a ton Shawn, so far I have made 2 lvls Gaspey Gardens and a forest (Name Pending) Wondering If you could show me how to make a walk/run pose none have worked for me

P.S. Attached pic fileTongue
Looks nice, and i see the connecton with Shawn's work Smile
(05-22-2009, 03:39 PM)DanKen Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a ton Shawn, so far I have made 2 lvls Gaspey Gardens and a forest (Name Pending) Wondering If you could show me how to make a walk/run pose none have worked for me

Not bad, not bad at all! Big Grin

Anyway, I'm not much of an animator myself but I can get myself around a run animation. Since it's a small sprite, I would usually copy and paste it so there's 6 of it there, then cut off the legs and start by animating that. After I got the basic leg movement down, I move up to the arms, and then hair. Using my current wip as an example(I'm doing this a lot lately):

[Image: medamini.png]

1. I set it up and worked the legs until I was happy. I usually just start with stick figures but since it's so simple anyway, that's as far as I go with detail. remember that when you run, you tend to bob up and down so try to keep some frames lower than others but keep it balanced out, like every 3 frames or so. I stick to 6 frame running since it gets the job done and requires less effort. Tongue

2. Usually the hardest part for me, the arms are supposed to move opposite of the legs. When the leg is going down, the arm on the same side should be going up, while the opposite arm goes down. If you know how to run, you should know the basic movements and be able to get through this part.

I didn't even animate the hair yet so I can't really help much with that but remember that when the character bobs down, the hair should look as if it's rising and when they go back up it should look lower than usual.

Ah, I'm a terrible animator so I don't know how much use this will be but I hope it helps enough to get the job done!

Edit: I probably should have included this too. To show how the steps work out here's 1. [Image: medarun.gif] and 2. [Image: arms.gif]
sorry, guys busy for a week, will post stuff later, I hate seeing new 2d games cause I constantly switch styles

P.S. Love your style Shawn, but I am switching to Ivory Springs style (Konjak)

will post eventually
Or make your own style?