The VG Resource

Full Version: Ugh, Nintendo WiFi USB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we've had the WiFi thing on the computer for a while now, but recently it started working for only 30-60 seconds at a time before the program closed by itself and kicked me off the wifi. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, but the reinstallation freezes up at "Sharing internet connection" or something like that. Any tips?
Wait, the Nintendo Wifi USB device? Looks like a less-usefual thumb-drive?

Yeah, I've got one of those too. You know what I did with it? I converted it into a wireless adapter card. Seriously, it's only use is giving my server wireless internet capabilities. As an adapter for the nintedo devices, the fact that Nintendo itself abandoned the product is hardly a good sign.

And seeing as how I reprogramed mine into a wireless adapter reciever, you know how well the rancid thing worked for me. I say cut your losses and buy a wireless router, saved me much time and effort. Plus it gave that dongle a use, heh. By the way, mine worked too for a while, but then it just up and became a little hunk-o-junk like yours is acting. Exact same symptoms if I recall.

But if you're keen on keeping the nasty thing functional, try to remember when the program first ceased working normally. You can try a system restore from as close to that date as possible [but it needs to be before it] and slowly re-add things until you find out the trouble-making program that kicked it off it's rails.
Hmm, ok. I have wireless at my house that I usually use, but my parents don't have it. They had this. My little brother wants wifi now for his computer anyway, so I'll tell them. Tongue