The VG Resource

Full Version: Davias' Submissions #3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gotcha!

Suikoden 2:
[Image: kuskus.png][Image: lakeside.png][Image: lakewest.png][Image: mapb.png]
[Image: namemenu.png][Image: rockaxe.png][Image: sewer.png][Image: tworivero.png]
[Image: tworiverr.png][Image: windcave.png]

Mystic Quest Legend (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest):
[Image: mqlicon.png]

Resubmitting:
[Image: lavanwatericon.png]
Arrangement was not perfect~
Davias, that Map sheet has parts of the statue on it, and Viki's face...

The rest are all fantastic though Smile
This is the tileset how I found it in the savefile:
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2997/snag2158.png
I just rip what I find in these files, never played the game and no clue what's the look in the original game (I don't know if there is an additional room beside the Map).

And some new stuff:
[Image: musematildaborder.png][Image: musegreenhillborder.png][Image: koboldvillageouter.png][Image: koboldvillageinner.png]
[Image: harbour.png]

Resubmitting:
[Image: windcave.png]
Cursor was accidentally on a part of the tileset.
You should actually take some time with your sheets, Davias, otherwise you're just throwing random shit on there and giving an entirely unrelated name.

You did that with your NPC sheets before, which really ticked me off. Playable characters, miscoloured sprites... The lot.
I have to heavily monitor all sheets you submit in case they aren't what you call them.

If you have not played the game, at least research, or Christ, play it.
LOOK at what is on the sheet you are submitting.
It's a good thing that you re-rip the NPCs and make additional sheets for each of them. But I never submitted "miscoloured" NPC-sprites. Seriously, there are different palettes, but never crappy ones (okay, I should name them "Characters" instead of Non-Playable-Characters, but that's another story).

Compare these:
[Image: 81913320.png]

[Image: 94066490.png]

Usable sprites for fangames, sprite comics, whatever.

Savefiles: All what I rip from these areas is always complete and in a good arrangement, I think it's not important if there are a few sprites left which have no use. Note that I get my stuff from Tantrix, because my emulator doesn't create rippable savefiles.
Those are incorrect though - they are not the correct colour. Sure, they are usable, but they are unofficial.

As for the environments - you have pieces of statue, a mugshot, and bed sprites mixed in with your map sheet. That's entirely different - I'd have to place it in 2 different sections. Which is not on.
Hm, okay I think that you see it with another eyes as people who use game makers, I will keep it in mind for my future sheets. Btw, I edited the icon of the harbour (grey line at the bottom) and the sheet for the map (another tiles cutted) in my posts above.

With these ones, there are now 75 tilesets from Suikoden 2 ripped:
[Image: greenhillschoolinner.png][Image: greenhillschoolouter.png]
Greenhill inner icon links to the icon
(05-21-2009, 01:23 PM)Davias Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, okay I think that you see it with another eyes as people who use game makers, I will keep it in mind for my future sheets.

Ah, you got your environments set to work with rpgmaker, huh? That explains a lot. Not everyone here is found of those makers.
Anyway, great suikoden rips.
Dazz, you are posting too fast. It's already edited Wink

@Ultimecia: Yes, I am in an rpg maker forum and they really want everything they could get, even if it's not "official" or if there are hidden tiles. I also rip for friends or for my own sake and prefer rpg games for my rips =3

At the moment I load an ISO-file named "Lunar - Silverstar Story Complete". The screenshots are looking nice, I hope I can get it to work.
Yeah, I understand, the chipsets (they are still called chipsets?) are strange, and many makers use to organize them in a awkward way. If they aren't "official" but they are in the game, maybe they are just unused. I don't see a problem to put them together with the "official" ones.
Now I know why you ripped almost everything on Mystic Quest XD

Lunar is a great game, fun to play and very good-looking. At least the PS1 one was much fun. Too bad I had a memory card problem right after a tough boss and my entire MC was wiped out :o
Very small one:
[Image: tsricontemplate.png]

Atm I rip very much from Lunar SSSC (*click*), no time for regular stuff from other games =/
Whoa, that was really small, but I loved the ones from Lunar SSS, always asked why there is so few sprites of it around.
Nice work! Loved that set up in Alundra where you begin the game with gameplay.
Time for a new PSX section, it's the Granstream Saga with all Portraits:

Icon:
[Image: granstreamsagaicon.png]

Icon2:
[Image: tsricontemplate.png]

Sheet:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2536/gsfacesets.png
Pages: 1 2