The VG Resource

Full Version: [Comic (Sprite)] Slimey Comics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Warning!: The first comics of Q4CE are very choppy and were made during the time I was still beginning to make sprite comics. However, the comics eventually have gotten better over time.

With that said, enjoy the comics and please give me some criticism and/or comments

---
Sonic: Quest for the Chaos Emeralds
---
Archive:
Raising Tails Part 1|2|3|4|5

Emeralds of the Past Part 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9

To The Mall Part 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11

Mecha Melee Part 1|2|3|4|5|6

Power Unleashed Part 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8

Current:
[Image: 08d6ccb16101.png]

---
Filler-Bug!
---
Archive:
1|2|3|4

Current (Favorite)
[Image: 9766f9a91988.png]

---
My Website
[]Sonic
[]Good
[]Comic

pick two
Hahaha, the funniest thing here is Des's post.
Sorry. :<

I read like three strips. Are those blue condoms?
(05-20-2009, 12:45 AM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]I read like three strips. Are those blue condoms?

They're not, but I mostly blame Deebs for that (she was the one who made them for me, mostly as a gift). These were their old sprites.
:l

(05-17-2009, 12:34 PM)Comix Wrote: [ -> ]The layouting isn't very good. You just use a simple photoshop clouds for your main page which doesn't mix with the comic at all. The jokes, if there are any, aren't funny. You mix sprites, and resize them making them look bad, and its Sonic. There are so many sonic webcomics on the internet I don't even know if I'm rereading one when it's posted here that I saw years ago. You can't be original with sonic, so find something else.

Overall at least your doing it, and it looks like you have been for a while so that's good I guess. Just improve it and stop with sonic because you won't get anywhere with the most generic webcomic storyline on the internet.
(05-17-2009, 12:34 PM)Comix Wrote: [ -> ]The layouting isn't very good.

That's currently being worked on, I have 240 by 160 panels, but if you have a better suggestion, be my guest.

(05-17-2009, 12:34 PM)Comix Wrote: [ -> ]The jokes, if there are any, aren't funny.

It's supposed to be a serious comic, if any humor escapes me, consider it the only thing you'll get in the comic.

(05-17-2009, 12:34 PM)Comix Wrote: [ -> ]You mix sprites, and resize them making them look bad.

First, It's a crossover, some bounderies need to be pushed to make it posible and in time, the problem will fix itself.

Second, what the hell do you mean "Make them look bad?" Doubling the size of the sprites are common for a sprite comic. If you're just going to copy and paste a review you did for another sprite comic, at least edit it to make it fit my comic

(05-17-2009, 12:34 PM)Comix Wrote: [ -> ]Plus, its Sonic. There are so many sonic webcomics on the internet I don't even know if I'm rereading one when it's posted here that I saw years ago.

We all have that problem, but we all have managed to find something decent out of the "ShovelComics."

(05-17-2009, 12:34 PM)Comix Wrote: [ -> ]You can't be original with sonic, so find something else.

Actually, you can be original with Sonic, just not a lot of people have. Saying that you can't be original Sonic is a very narrow-minded thing to say if you're a critic.
---
Feel free to make a debate out of this, I haven't had one in a while and I'd be disapointed if you didn't have any counter-arguments for these.
Saying you're not being original is accurate because 23409858743098423944358745873298732398498321378732438747293247874322P758E2736N4I9823324321921131243871S3472387432184 people have made sonic ripoffs/recolors/edits/parodies/satire/etc.

Even the funny ones are funny merely because they lampshade the fact that they are not original.

And you cannot expect to be taken seriously (read: never. ever. ever never to be taken seriously ever. not ever) if you are using Sonic ANYTHING. ever.
(05-22-2009, 11:48 AM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]And you Should not expect to be taken seriously (read: never. ever. ever never to be taken seriously ever. not ever) if you are using Sonic ANYTHING. ever.

Really?
[Image: box_set.jpg]
Yes, It does count.
One who makes a comic that is funny can slack off on the art. Hell, having good art can make up for the unfunny sometimes.

If one makes a serious comic, it must be drawn well or have a very, VERY engaging original story that makes up for lack of artistic talent. Books can be viewed as the extreme of this, because you can tell a book is shit when the writing is shit and there are no pictures to make up for it.

Anywho, your trying to make an unfunny comic with sprites of all mediums, and from reading it I can tell you youve got all the makings of a generic storyline; amnesia, reverse terminator and REVENGE!!!!

So yeah, either make the art good, or the story. and not sonic related.
(05-22-2009, 04:51 PM)des Wrote: [ -> ]Anywho, your trying to make an unfunny comic with sprites of all mediums, and from reading it I can tell you youve got all the makings of a generic storyline; amnesia, reverse terminator and REVENGE!!!!

That's only one character and 0.2 percent of the entire story. Also you don't need to draw a serious comic. I barely just got into the story yet in order for anyone to judge it yet.

(05-22-2009, 04:51 PM)des Wrote: [ -> ]So yeah, either make the art good, or the story. and not sonic related.

First, the comic is just starting and has a long way to go.

Second, I know a sonic related comic out there that has good storyline and all it is are DOOM Screenshots with sprites stuck in them using only MSPaint for the first hundred-and-something issues. The thing is, everything (even a sonic comic) has potential, even if we refuse to see it
So, then : have this topic closed. We'll check it out once it's finished.

Because in the meantime, you'll just keep coming up with excuses.
(05-22-2009, 06:27 PM)Zee Wrote: [ -> ]So, then : have this topic closed. We'll check it out once it's finished.

It's a Comic topic, the point of having one is to show off a comic that you update regularly with people commenting and/or criticizing each page until it's unfinished and/or done.
But you're saying we can't criticize it for being boring because the story has just started, and we've already expressed that we didn't like the sprite mixing becuase it looks very ugly. So either get the story to a point where you're willing to accept criticism, or stop using that excuse.

Periodicals and episodes face a unique challenge, they need to make things interesting every time to keep their readership/watchers interested. Look at a how books begin, if they're of a merit onto their own, the first paragraph is enough to suck you into the rest of the story. If the first chapter is boring, then second chapter is boring why do we want to read the third chapter? It's established a pattern of being boring and we don't want to read it.

Do you see what I'm saying? Your excuse that it's not developed along in the story to argue the merits of the story means nothing to a reader. We're bored now, why should we stick around just because you promise it gets better? Heck, give us something NOW that can prove your literary or graphical talent to make us want to come back.
(05-23-2009, 10:24 AM)Zee Wrote: [ -> ]But you're saying we can't criticize it for being boring because the story has just started, and we've already expressed that we didn't like the sprite mixing becuase it looks very ugly. So either get the story to a point where you're willing to accept criticism, or stop using that excuse.

No, I'm saying that you can't criticize a sprite comic just because it's serious and about Sonic, and you never explain what sprite mixing you're talking about or how it looks ugly. I do accept criticism, not narrow-minded bias from people who don't think outside the box.

Yes, I'll admit, the first season of Q4CE didn't scratch the surface of the story, but the next story arc will have more meat in the story.

(05-23-2009, 10:24 AM)Zee Wrote: [ -> ]Periodicals and episodes face a unique challenge, they need to make things interesting every time to keep their readership/watchers interested. Look at a how books begin, if they're of a merit onto their own, the first paragraph is enough to suck you into the rest of the story. If the first chapter is boring, then second chapter is boring why do we want to read the third chapter? It's established a pattern of being boring and we don't want to read it.

Perseverance, hope that you'll get interested after the boring parts.

(05-23-2009, 10:24 AM)Zee Wrote: [ -> ]Do you see what I'm saying? Your excuse that it's not developed along in the story to argue the merits of the story means nothing to a reader. We're bored now, why should we stick around just because you promise it gets better? Heck, give us something NOW that can prove your literary or graphical talent to make us want to come back.

Very well, I shall post something later today.