The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping sprites from an N64 game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to rip sprites from an N64 game, however they're blurry and distorted within the emulator, so I can't really screencap them. I tried following the Tile Molester tutorial on the main site, but I didn't get very far with it. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to do this? Thanks.
First, make sure they aren't actually 3d models.

If they are actual sprites, you could find a better emulator or do it by hand.
Yoder Wrote:First, make sure they aren't actually 3d models.

If they are actual sprites, you could find a better emulator or do it by hand.
They're not 3D models. And I'm not sure if it's the emulator. I mean, naturally for the sprites to be screencapped correctly, they'd have to be at the correct resolution, and I'm not sure what that is. Also, what do you mean by hand...?
Get Rice's Video Plugin. It has a "texture dump" feature -- turn it on, and it'll dump any textures/sprites that appear while playing. Some assembly may be required for certain games, though, such as Rakuga Kids.

Speaking of which, was SmithyGCN ripping the Bear Tank from that game? If not, I'll give it another shot sometime later.
Make sure it's at the correct resolution, and that all screen filters are off.
Sol Wrote:what do you mean by hand...?

I mean screen-capping the image and reproducing it pixel-by-pixel (since you can generally see where each pixel is, even if they are blurred by your resolution). It's extremely inefficient, but might be the only way if you can't fix your resolution.