The VG Resource

Full Version: Nex Gen and... stuff...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made this post so that people can kind of... "persuade" or give them a good reason to buying what ever Next Gen consoles you recomend, the LAST thing I want is an entire flame war going on between the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'd reccomend the Wii to anyone, mainly because of the gameplay, there might be a few games that don't really take advantage of the Wii remote, but that's no reason to not buy it for just a few games. Some games I have, like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, No More Heroes, etc. are great games (even though Brawl uses little Wiimote interaction) and there are some games that some other, out-of-the-box players I like to call them, might like, I personally like Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Soul Calibur Legends, and some other games I can't name off the top of my head... The Wii also has downloadable content (who didn't know that?) that allows to play games on your Wii without the disk, so your old favourites like Super Mario Bros. And some classic games that came out for other systems ('cept for the PS1) have come out for it too.

Now I need somebody to convince me why Xbox isn't that bad of a console, Idk about yoyu guys, but I strongly go against this system, I find it incredibly rediculous that you have to pay to play online games, and to even go on the internet for that matter, I mean, PS3 and Wii have FREE internet, I don't need the online bill on top of the game price, and electricity. There are more reasons why I hate the system, but you can go ahead and try to convince me, even though I'm stubborn as... christ I've got nothin...

ps. I'm sure alot of you know about the downloadable content on the Wii, don't bother me about it
I, myself, am a Wii fan as well. However, I have played the Xbox 360 at my friend's house. I rather enjoyed it. The online gameplay was quite good, even though it wasn't really free. Also, the Xbox has some good games, like Viva Pinata, Halo 3, GTA IV, and others I can't name off the top of my head. Plus, the Xbox Live content is highly impressive.
The Wii is an awesome system because it has a lot of FUN games. I don't really see many FUN games for the Xbox 360. The only reason I want a 360 is because of Rare Ltd.
keroromario Wrote:I don't really see many FUN games for the Xbox 360.
you should probably try playing them.

anyway, i am a fan of all three consoles. the Wii was the first one I bought (release date pickup) and it hasn't died on me yet. the only thing keeping me distant from the 360 is its frequent breakdowns. the PS3 is my next purchase because of Metal Gear Solid 4.
All of the current gen systems have DLC.

Also PS3 > Wii > 360
why do you call it next gen if its all here already?

i mean new gen would make more sense atleast.
I recommend buying a next-gen console.

The reason why I'm stating the obvious is because some are still doubting between, for example, a GameCube and a Wii, mostly because they feel that the Wii, or any other next-gen is too expensive.

Also, if you go for a next-gen, go for what you innitially wanted to buy, not what fanboys tell you to buy. I would recommend the Wii, but I actually have no real ground or reasons why you should buy a Wii. I only have reasons why I should buy a Wii.

Don't just look at what games the consoles have to offer. Sure, XBox360 has got Halo, Gears of War and that sort of games, occasionally having a game like Viva PiƱata. Sony throws it all-round with Resistance, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, and especially Singstar, which has the highest support. Nintendo mostly have these typical Nintendo games. However, if a console has lots of high-rated games, but none of these games are your cup of tea, then you shouldn't buy the console.

So, really, I can't give a definite decision. You still have to make it.

Bravely saying, you are not alone on this. I actually do have an Xbox, plus plenty of games, even ones that have gotten high reviews. But none of them kept my interest for very long. Needless to say, my Xbox pretty much just sits under my TV, collecting dust.
Xbox live costs money because it's the best online gaming network by far. If you compare it to the Wii's online, it makes the Wii look like Nintendo aren't even trying. All said and done I think all 3 consoles have something going for them. If you prefer conventional gaming, get a 360. Want a blend, and something new? Get the Wii. Want a long term investment? Get a PS3.
i think the wii offers the most in terms of variety
I only have a 360 and a Wii(I might get a PS3, if I do, it'll be after another Price Drop, and when more games are out)

The 360's good, seems to have many exclusive, original games, but I think it might have too many 3rd Party games in common with it's more expensive Counterpart, the PS3...I've really only been able to play the few games I own(GTA4, CoD4, and my Brothers games[Madden 08, which I hate, and some MLB game, which I also hate])

Nintendo always has a bunch of original titles, and with the Wii, even 3rd Party games have a new feel(Not sure how good THAT is, it seems 3rd Parties don't even attempt to make controls for the Classic Controller or the Gamecube one, making you only be able to use some Shoddy controls)Despite it not having High-Def Graphics, I think it still holds it's own, and keeps up with the other two

Now for the PS3...As I've said in the 360 section, I think it may have too many 3rd Party games in common with the 360...I don't really see too many original games on the PS3, it might be because I'm not really looking, since I don't own one(yet)...I can only see a difference between the 360 and the PS3 with SquareEnix, which I know sounds rediculous, but it might end up like my PS2, only Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games(and a few 3rd Parties, which happened to be on XBox and Gamecube, so I got most of them for Gamecube, cause no XBox, and my Gamecube was in a more convenient place than my PS2)If the PS3 does end up resulting in only like 7 games, I'll personally feel a little screwed out of cash, unless the games are like really really good...

So, my views might be kind of odd, but these are/were my concerns about buying the systems, I'm glad I got the Wii first, and playing my brother's 360(mostly GTA4, since he doesn't want to split Halo 3 or a lot of other games) is always a blast. Like I said, I do not own a PS3, yet...I think I'll eventually get it, again, for games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts(yeah, I know, I really only see good RPGs coming out for it, and I dunno about you guys, but I'm on the fence about Final Fantasy 13, looks weird...)

But yeah, I tried to base mine on each systems originality(it's own exclusive games), and not so much on Graphics, They're all great systems(I've only tried the PS3, but it plays like the PS2, so yeah...)So, I think you can guess the order of my Rating, but here it is all the same:

Wii > XBox 360 = PS3

Now, if you need further explanation, I'll be more than happy to give it to you
I think the Wii is best
sure the third party sucks(no offense to third party companie lovers)
but still

Pros:
lowest price for all consoles
great over-all Nintendo games
new game play
download able content, like Snes and Nes game on VC(I want Secret of Mana personally)

Cons:
bad online play
bad third party support
last gen graphics

but overall I like the Wii and I have every Nintendo console, and I put coke up for the Wii.
I've only played the Wii and 360. I like the Wii though, as Mario Kart Wii is awesome. I don't really even play my Wii much though, as I only have three games. The 360 is pretty cool, but only if you have decent games for it, like Oblivion.
xTYVONx Wrote:
you should probably try playing them.

I have. At GameStop. Yawn. But I will admit that the Xbox and the Xbox 360 has the best online experience I have ever seen.
JoshR691 Wrote:The 360's good, seems to have many exclusive, original games

I don't know about that statement being so much true, I've never played any GOOD Xbox games, but from what I've seen, it's all the same, first-person/third-person shooter games with the same weapons that look different, different looking characters, stages that look different, but are pretty much the same, and same type of gameplay, of course, I think I might be a little biast

JoshR691 Wrote:So, my views might be kind of odd, but these are/were my concerns about buying the systems

they weren't odd at all, to me atleast...

K0n9 Wrote:I think the Wii is best
sure the third party sucks(no offense to third party companie lovers)
but still

Pros:
lowest price for all consoles
great over-all Nintendo games
new game play
download able content, like Snes and Nes game on VC(I want Secret of Mana personally)

Cons:
bad online play
bad third party support
last gen graphics

but overall I like the Wii and I have every Nintendo console, and I put coke up for the Wii.

I don't mind the third party games, stuff like No More Heroes and Soul Calibur Legends I enjoyed, or did you mean games that you can get for other systems as well?

as for your cons, I don't really care about online play, it's just somethin for me to do when I don't have friends over to play with. Idk about what you mean about "third party support", so I'll take a pass. As for the graphics, I could care less, as long as I can tell a face from an ass, I can enjoy it if it has good gameplay

Badassbill Wrote:If you compare it to the Wii's online, it makes the Wii look like Nintendo aren't even trying.

I don't think Nintendo's real intentions was to make it have great online gameplay, I think they were more geared towards having great gameplay with out the online part, I think they just added it in to keep up with what gamers want to do now, play with other gamers around the world.

many being the key word here
Pages: 1 2