The VG Resource

Full Version: Terminal Devastation's Sprite topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not much to say but I'd like some critic on this
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3050/derik.png
Cloth is by far my biggest spriting weakness, and I'm not sure where to even begin to try to fix this... Its scratch and my own style, but its derived from a few other styles so maybe I could get some suggestions?
cloth draping is done pretty well actually, but the face is hard to read, cant rly tell what Im looking at
It could be due to the fact most of the sprites do not actually show the face at all, just the eyes and sometimes teeth.
Also I tried for a more unique although silly design and put an upturned collar inside the hood. Thank you though.
While I'm replying I might as well get C+C for this too. One of two charectors I use to represent myself.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6428/78101874.png
Style is Yggdra Union(GBA)
(05-16-2009, 04:05 PM)OGFlame Wrote: [ -> ]cloth draping is done pretty well actually, but the face is hard to read, cant rly tell what Im looking at

HOLY SHIT ITS FLAME
Hi Drax. I agree about the face.
(05-16-2009, 04:56 PM)Champion Shawn Wrote: [ -> ]HOLY SHIT ITS FLARE
fix'd? I might be confused. I remember both a Flare and a Flame. ;__;

The Yggdra Union styled sprite doesn't look the style. It's because of the colors. Iirc, YU had pastel-like colors, while yours uses dark ones.
(05-16-2009, 07:48 PM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]

The Yggdra Union styled sprite doesn't look the style. It's because of the colors. Iirc, YU had pastel-like colors, while yours uses dark ones.

I could have sworn I took colors from ripped sprites though, the "black" from Roswell, and I believe the red came from one of the assassins.
I'll have to double check though. If I'm correct, its a trick of the shading...
Which may mean its not my pallete at all, but my shading.
(05-16-2009, 07:48 PM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]

flare can go eat my shit

flame is where its at
No, both of them were cool bros.

Flare had smart discussion, Flame had good sprites.
Get it right.
[Image: terminaldevastation.png]
Only the first one is reshaded. Is it better or is my pallete actually some how off?