The VG Resource

Full Version: [Art] Too much Setsuna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Drawn in my simple style
I'll show you what I can really do some day
[Image: setsuna.jpg]
Sho wme what you can really do now because I'm not diggin this. ):
But you drew this today.
Structure.
Do it.
Also sharpen your pencil.

And your sketch should not be your final image! I don't know how to explain. Draw your construction REALLY lightly and build up detail, don't just throw the first thing out of your head onto the paper.

Also, completely get the idea of 'style' out of your head until you're better practiced. Seriously. I don't mean to sound pretentious, but a style should come to you organically, so to speak. Don't think about it, just draw things and experiment and eventually you'll settle on a way of doing things that suits you. Forcing yourself to develop a style - even if you're really well practiced, actually - will just make your skills atrophy.
(05-15-2009, 02:19 AM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]But you drew this today.

12:50 AM for my time zone, it was already the 15th.

(05-15-2009, 08:57 AM)Zeemort Wrote: [ -> ]Structure.
Do it.
Also sharpen your pencil.

And your sketch should not be your final image! I don't know how to explain. Draw your construction REALLY lightly and build up detail, don't just throw the first thing out of your head onto the paper.

Also, completely get the idea of 'style' out of your head until you're better practiced. Seriously. I don't mean to sound pretentious, but a style should come to you organically, so to speak. Don't think about it, just draw things and experiment and eventually you'll settle on a way of doing things that suits you. Forcing yourself to develop a style - even if you're really well practiced, actually - will just make your skills atrophy.

No, you're actually being very helpful. Thanks.