The VG Resource

Full Version: Which One 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's the same thing from that other thread, I'm having the same problem
But, since he already had a DS, opinions were biased on the PSP side, so that doesn't help my case. So I'm making another thread about it.
My problem is, I don't have a DS, it's broken.

PSP is great for emulation, homebrew, has Metal Gear, MMX, Patapon, and some other cool games, but the library of good games isn't that much extensive. Emulation, although I'm drooling to play Super Mario 64, Snowboard Kids, Klonoa, Einhander, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Pokemon Pinball, Pokemon Gold, etc, all in a PSP, it's a bit pointless when you think about it twice, because I can play all of those in my PC or my PS. But then again I drool over it. Also, the incompatibility with SD cards because of that fucking Memory Stick shit makes me rage.

DS will have Pokemon HeartGold and SilverSoul, PERIOD. Has a good library of games, but I already played most of them.

sorry if you don't feel like I shouldn't have done another thread about the same subject, but putting this on that thread won't get much attention
so please help ;o;
buy both
If he could buy both, he wouldn't have started this thread.

If I didn't already have a DS I would get the DSi. I prefer Nintendo games. Granted, you can get a bunch of the old ones on a PSP. Still, I would say DSi.

And to anyone that's been to my thread, no this doesn't mean that I've decided on the DSi. This is if I were in his situation.
Still should buy both.
guys I can't buy both >:
but maybe I should buy one first and then economize money to buy the other one
I already spent a lot of money buying my new notebook, but I'm going to gain a lot of money too, but I'll likely spend it in a trip
and there's also the Xbox 360 me and my brother are planning to buy
OH GOD I NEED SO MUCH MONEY I'm going to start asking for commisions for my digital paintings and PAs.
Well, I would lean towards the DS, up to you if you want the Original, Lite or DSi, as most people in the other topic pointed out, the DSi is just the Lite with a camera & no GBA Slot, and an Online shop(which currently has nothing really worth getting)...anyway, DS probably has a better Library of games to buy...

I also have a PSP, but only 4 games for it (and only two of those are worth playing...). I haven't done anything with the Emulation/homebrew stuff, so I can't comment on that...

If you're going to get one first, I'd say get a DS, unless you don't really have the need to replay the games you already did/don't care for the games coming out in the next few months to a year...I'd wait for the PSP, since most of the games I want for it aren't out yet, but that's just me, and it could probably be worth your while because, like your post says, you'd use it for some of the Emulation & Homebrew stuff.

...This probably didn't help much
Buy both. Used.
After buying the PSP it should only take you a few months to accumulate money for the new DS.

Also where's the DS broken?
(05-14-2009, 10:33 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Buy both. Used.
After buying the PSP it should only take you a few months to accumulate money for the new DS.

I broke the top screen of it >:
I have 2 broken at the right hinge.
They are pretty fragile. (They are lites btw)

Anyway i think you should go for the DS,
But i'm kind of bias, as i dont enjoy many ps games.
(05-14-2009, 10:39 AM)Rival Rökkan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2009, 10:33 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Buy both. Used.

I broke the top screen of it >:
shit Very Sad the top screen/ribbon cable runs for $40 and after bench fees at gamestop or whatever it usually comes out to like $70

you could get a used DS for like $90, $100

But in your case Rokkan, it's pretty much titular preference. If you're into Sony games more than Nintendo titles (including Tekken, and stuff), go for a PSP

If you're into your Pokemans and Marios stick with a DS (or DSi if you want)