The VG Resource

Full Version: MM Powered up and MHX sequels originally planned??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot....lemma.html

What a ripoff. They were going to remake all the classic games and the X series as well. They didn't even give us a proper X collection because of these plans. THEY EVEN PLANNED PORTS. ;____;

IM ANGRY AND SAD AND ANGRY
That's fucking balls. >:l
Yep. We were suppose to get the entirety of both series redone (up to 6 for X, and 8 for MM) with all the stuff we were suppose to get in the X collection. It was pulled when sales of MHX and MMPU bombed. This I will blame squarely on the fact that the game was a PSP game, at a time when people weren't buying PSPs for games (in the last few years, we've seen a LOT of good games come out, so these days it's worthwhile to buy the PSP for games). There's a good chance that both games would've sold a lot better if they had been on the Nintendo DS instead, which would've avoided this problem. We'd probably be at 3 or 4 for both games by now.

Of course, all of Inafune's concerns for the MHX game were valid, yet it didn't matter since the game bombed.
capcom took a risky move but unfortunately, the risk wasn't worth the price.
I have to wonder, though, if they tried to do it now, or even shifted it to the DS, would it sell better?
Nothing new, knew this already but that doesn't change how much it sucks ass.
(05-13-2009, 06:12 PM)Skye McCloud Wrote: [ -> ]I have to wonder, though, if they tried to do it now, or even shifted it to the DS, would it sell better?
i doubt so. but still, wondering why it didn't get as much praise as I though. knew some people who loved it from the very second they knew it.
Same here. I bought it when I (eventually) got a PSP, and it's by far a huge improvement. The only downside was the use of 3D graphics instead of sprites, but that only meant things would be correct when you change directions and were shooting, which was nice.

The game's story seemed a lot more fleshed out (Relations between X and the bosses were formed, since they are ex-hunters, Vile's story was improved a LOT to the point where it helped explain his strange obsession with X, and the way Zero's death was done was a lot more... fitting.), yet the fights still seemed to feel the same, if not a bit harder (I hate Chill Penguin now that he actually uses his weapon). The Day of Sigma OAV just made it all so much better. It makes me wish they had done MHX2...