The VG Resource

Full Version: Chaos' Spriting Topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please, do rain your opinions on me in a fruitless effort to attempt to cleanse me somehow. Trust me, it won't work, but hey, at least you tried.

I really only sprite JUS Style, just a heads up.

KEY:

*=WIP

~=Completed Sheet/Sprite

^=Incomplete/Cancelled

Last Updated:May 11, 2009(Created)

CHAOS' CUSTOM CHARACTER SPRITES
Daichi*
Heian*
Alluc*
Robe*
Scarf and Gloves*
Chaos*
Silver Hood*
Okibi Gekijou*
Sir Vincent Malifact*
Doctor~

REQUESTED SPRITES

NARUTO
Haku*
Rock Lee*
Deidara*
Kisame^

MISC. SPRITES
Skullbuggy Series*
Ryan Bluefox~
Lucas Aura Sheet*
Seraph Zero~
Zero~
Dante~
Tom*
Muffin of D00M~
Maloa~
The Beatles~
Cyrus Falcon~
----
I think you have some credit to give on a few of those sheets.
(05-11-2009, 09:43 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have some credit to give on a few of those sheets.

I only put credit tags on sheets, and finished sheets at that. Meaning that any incomplete sheet on there will get one at the end.

Doctor doesn't count because I made him custom.

NO BASES

NONE

Anyways...Yeah, I do, but it can wait.
I don't like the colour choices in some of these (never use default MSPaint colours), and the muffin sheet just looks like a ten-minute Paint job. Doctor also looks like an awful Voltorb edit.

Just make sure you only leave the, erm, custom sprites in when you upgrade these sheets. Most look like edits to me. I can see you having potential, it's just that I suggest spriting a character that doesn't share a physique with any existing JUS character so I can actually see what you can do.
allow me to say, but tI really feel that the only "custom" thing in that whole list is indeed doctor and maloa. the rest are a bunch of MSPaint edited/recolored JUS sprites with added copy/recolored/pasted FXs. (silver hood for example is an horrible pillowshaded edit wich really shows your true skills behind using the JUS sprites as a base for the anatomy).

despite my total and completely personal disgust for edited/recolored sprites -not saying they're crap, but i'd always put someone who took the risk of starting from ground zero over someone who just edits already existing sprites-, from what i could see on those two things you draw by hand, you have a lot to learn in terms of proper and basic shading and anatomy(plenty tutorials on the net to start from). it has been said already that using the default MSpaint colors wouldnt do you any favor since they're pretty much horrible for anything thats not specifically suposed to be made with those hypersaturated colors. along with those lines, avoid as much as posible using the line and circle tool from MSPaint too, since they would only turn your character into a weird tubuluar and unnatural stickman that would only suck monkey balls. even though, the line tool can be handy sometimes(the pen tool is a bitch, lets face it), just use it with smaller strokes just in the same way you would sketch a character in a paper so you can make more curved and flowing lines in order to define your characters's shape more easily.

i tried to not sound rude and harsh, but i really wouldn't try to call those things custom at all, specially when the only custom thing in them is basically nothing.
(05-11-2009, 09:47 PM)Chaosvii7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2009, 09:43 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have some credit to give on a few of those sheets.

I only put credit tags on sheets, and finished sheets at that. Meaning that any incomplete sheet on there will get one at the end.

Doctor doesn't count because I made him custom.

NO BASES

NONE

Anyways...Yeah, I do, but it can wait.

Considering That he is a ball...T_T It isn't this great at all
(05-13-2009, 02:40 AM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]allow me to say, but I really feel that the only "custom" thing in that whole list is indeed doctor and maloa.

Custom character. It defines that The characters are custom, as in, "these aren't coprywritten characters but they were made by me".
Be more specific then next time.

But these are nothing special, just the run of the mill newbie edits.

Call us when you do something substantial.