The VG Resource

Full Version: PKmon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Trying to make Aipom as a helper character from SSU
I think I've missed my mark on the style a bit so I'd appreciate some C+C before I continue

[Image: 2pzgrcp.png]
Are you sure the pallette is right??? The face colors are a little too dark. Look at the actual pokemon sprite.
Yeah, you should use Poppy's skin color.
I think all of the colors should be brighter. Kirby games use really vibrant colors.
[Image: 24e9o1v.png]
Recoloured, but I know there's more that can be improved besides colour
comments not related to colour would be cool
You may want to get rid of the dark lines around the eyes - they give it a weird glance.
Also, the perspective looks a bit off - turn him slightly rightwards.
Anyways, i think his face should have a darker line at the left bottom like poppy's face does.
[Image: 28813rl.png]
update
Your trying to give a simple style too much depth. Your shading it so much that the light source is beginning to contradict. Focus on making it really simple and mostly aa imo.

Other than that its nice.
[Image: 2vb4zv8.png]
updat
to detailed. Look at almost any SSU sprite, and although they have many colors, the details are next-to-none.
Your going to have to make it slightly larger to make it look more like aipom PK.

I hope you don't mind, but I made an edit as an example;

[Image: edits.png]

Just make the head a little larger, and it may end up looking a lot better. One thing to keep in mind, heavily use the sprite as a reference. Try to match up the proportions a bit better, for example, yours needed larger ears. And from what I can see in the poppy bros sprite, its ok to outline on the inside of the sprite as long as it isn't a black one (ie his head).

Good luck~
Thanks, that helps alot
The example Cshad posted is exactly the direction you should be going in.

The right ear though on your current one is really bothering me, it looks a little too large.
[Image: 6jf61t.png]
Following Cshad's advice and example
still haven't redone the ears, I'll get to those next
[Image: muvhqv.png]
[Image: 6fz7.png]
WIP of myself in Pokemon style plus Aipom update
Pages: 1 2