The VG Resource

Full Version: [POKEMON] The Spriting Icon Game(Turn sprites in for an online battle card game!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SIG, in a nutshell
Greetings everyone. I'm Palmer, the founder of the Spriting Icon Game, also known as SIG. SIG is an online forum-chat game that is built by its very players. The forum is used as a medium to store vital information, such as the cards that you own themselves, the amount of Card Points(the in-game currency) that you have, and the sprite shop where you may spend your money with an automated retail interface. The chat box is used for battles, which are done to gain more CP to buy cards, and to get stronger by doing so.

By submitting your pokemon fusion/recolor/scratch, along with a suitable background, and its vital information, your sprite will be used as a SIG card for many to use. There are some cases wherein your card cannot be accepted as a rare card immediately, as others also want their cards to be rare, so we only save the best positions for last. There are also cards that can only be owned by their rightful owners; these include gym leader cards and limited event cards.

Basically, you sprite to get money, to buy cards, to battle, and to get money. Battling and spriting are the most prominent ways of getting CP, but there are other methods. SIG is basically a community game that cannot function without other players, and that is what I am here for. Please be informed that for every card set that is completed, usually 50-60 cards each, that is only when the cards in the set are allowed to be played. Each set also has its respective plot and storyline, which includes some in-game wars, tournaments, special boss battles, and unexpected turns of events.
------------------------------
SIG Shop Gallery(Click on the card icons to see the cards)
[Image: PSFBanner.gif?t=1240299447]
-------------------------------
Sets:
1st: Eternal Legacy
2nd:Mortal Enemies
3rd:Shattered Silence
4th:Rising Justice

Battle Now!
Forum

Specials:
SIG Userbar ( Use this and put it in your signature to help us grow Big Grin )
[Image: userbar621498mu8.gif]

Card Guide/Stencil:
[Image: newstencilrx6.png]
-----------------------------
Abilities:
[Image: SIGabilities-1.png]
-----------------------------

Original Member Set(Rest in peace):
Bulbasaur45
peterabb
Charizard88
abaxter94
sneaselflygon
Rocketmember77
Achmetha
pokemole
RavenFire
Lucario-Master
Kendo
pokemole
Sneaselflygon
blackness777
Kroko_Boy
Raintop
The_Conspirator
MK930
riskbreakers
Achmetha
Dannyboy

and many more...

Current Active Members

Palmer
MegaArticuno
Riskbreakers
Light Manaphy
ExDee
Delta
Charizard88

and others who aren't that active...

Testimony
Because a tad load of members quit spriting and considered helping in SIG projects as chores, and because I was really busy with school and college, SIG had a "Great Pause". However, because we had about 250 cards when it stopped, I feel like I have the need to continue the project, and now that I'm in my free time, and there are still occasional visitors for the forum, I am confident that there is hope to bring my brainchild back to its prime.
---------------------------
General Gameplay Rules:

Health
The vertical bar to the left is the health bar. The health marker begins at the top square, marking full HP. For each point of damage you take, the health marker goes down. When the health marker goes beyond the red square, you're knocked out and you have to send out your next pokemon, if any.

Health/Bar Triggers
The numbers on the health bar show how much more damage it can do when the health marker is at that point on the HP bar. If a number "5" is on the top square for example, you can do 5 additional damage at the beginning of the battle.

The Attack Bar/Attacking
The 6 square horizontal bar at the bottom right is the attack bar. To attack, roll a die or use a random number generator to get a number from 1 to 6. If you get 2 for example, you use the second square in the attack bar as your attack. For the attack, if you got a number "3" in a red background for example, this would mean that you are dealing damage points of fire type damage.

Weakness and Resistance
The "+" and "-" on the bottom right side indicate your weakness and resistance. If it's a blue "+4" for example, that would mean that you take 4 more bars of damage from water type attacks, and a green "-4" would reduce 4 bars of damage from grass type attacks done to you. Some cards have "N" as their resistance, meaning that type doesn't do any damage to them at all.

Common Abilities

Abilities are commonly seen on the top right of the card.
  • If you encounter a card with a white number block, that's the amount of damage it can reduce from attacks, sort of like a defensive count. This is the ability, defense.

• If you see a crosshair(green circle with a cross) on the upper right of a card, it means that it can choose to attack any of your opponent's pokemon in play.

• A black box background and white lines indicate the ability, Dash. Flip a coin. If heads, you may retreat and swap an active Pokémon with Dash with any Pokémon from your team before attacking.

Complete Ability List
More Rules
Card examples:
Common:
[Image: scofflepl0.png][Image: chirlonem1.png]
Semi-Holos:
[Image: sigvegantilterranrzi0.gif][Image: charphlozinapelvul7.gif]
Holos:
[Image: sigknightingaleecbf1.gif][Image: canablastetcv3.gif]
Ultra Rare:
[Image: empravoiranido4.gif][Image: infernastanifq5.gif]
Limited Stock/Special Event Cards:
[Image: sunarkeqoec1.gif][Image: poofdraqkib9.gif]
Omega:
[Image: sunarkeomegafinal.png?t=1240371250][Image: poofdraomega-4.png?t=1240371676]
A lot of those characters look like sprite-splices that results in super-uber Pokemon typings.

Charphlozinape? o_O
Poofdra.

pffffFFFHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry, that's just too rediculous.
A lot of these cards are from the Alpha Phase, and we're currently balancing the game some more. Yeah, ridiculous names. Tongue We didn't take things too seriously back then. xD Though I'm kinda hoping for more scratchers. CX Also, now that I've just remembered, enjoy the shop gallery. http://sig.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=store&CODE=shop
No.. He is talking of the whole card, not just the name... (I think)
Those were starter fusions, intended to be your first starter deck. Smile We got lots of weird stuff. Some of the sprites are even junk sprites, but hey, our standards aren't that high. Wink I do believe, the more, the merrier! Big Grin What's a good game without crappy enemies to beat the hell out of? xD
this is EPIC
...Yes, it is epic. xD Anyone want to join now? Tongue
Agreed, this project is epic indeed.

The cards from the Alpha Phase were not thought about, that time, we just made sprites, and thought of stats then POOF! You have a card.

But, hopefully, this new phase would be more advanced, since it will be well thought.
Boracay_Jason there is my most reliable companion, assistant, and friend. He serves as SIG's assistant administrator, doing the work while I'm away. We "grew up" in the same community, so we're quite "outspoken" if you know what I mean. We like to be a bit more civil when it comes to society, especially if it's in a community like this. Smile
nice recolours dood