The VG Resource

Full Version: Roy Kirby WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I'm obviously new here so I figured I'd introduce myself by sharing with you a WIP. This is my first edit so don't be too hard on me. I wasn't shure if I was supposed to put in the smash bros project so I put here because it's a WIP and I've never submitted before.

[Image: promork.png]
(05-06-2009, 10:46 PM)Roy Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm obviously new here so I figured I'd introduce myself by sharing with you a WIP. This is my first edit so don't be too hard on me. I wasn't shure if I was supposed to put in the smash bros project so I put here because it's a WIP and I've never submitted before.

cool but what is the red stuff on his head? Its not good to you gray outline for a red color, try changing the gray outline to a darker red color.
Cool. I'll try that. It's gonna take a while to do that. I wish I'd had that advice sooner.
(05-06-2009, 11:06 PM)Roy Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]Cool. I'll try that. It's gonna take a while to do that. I wish I'd had that advice sooner.
No its simple just take a paint bucket in any program and fill in the gray outline of the red with a draker red colour.
I know, it just takes a while. I'm working on it now.
(05-06-2009, 11:03 PM)Mega_Virus Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2009, 10:46 PM)Roy Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm obviously new here so I figured I'd introduce myself by sharing with you a WIP. This is my first edit so don't be too hard on me. I wasn't shure if I was supposed to put in the smash bros project so I put here because it's a WIP and I've never submitted before.

cool but what is the red stuff on his head? Its not good to you gray outline for a red color, try changing the gray outline to a darker red color.

In most countries that would be called hair.

Anyhow, his hair/"red stuff on his head" looks out of style for some reason, maybe re outline it?
The outline of his hair should be the same color as the rest of the outline of his body.
I don't know, the red looks better to me. I've been editing it and it looks more natural. Plus, if you pay attention in kirby games, his hats don't always have a black outline.
Sorry to double post but, UPDATE!

(05-07-2009, 10:49 PM)Roy Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know, the red looks better to me. I've been editing it and it looks more natural. Plus, if you pay attention in kirby games, his hats don't always have a black outline.
Sorry to double post but, UPDATE!

I'll have you know that kirby doesn't have a black outline either, it's just somewhat dark.
Well, it's kind of hard to tell the difference. You have to look real closely to see that it's not black.
It's red, right?
Kirby's outline, or the hair outline? Kirby's outline is a dark shade of something and the hair is outlined in a dark red.
His hair looks terribly resized. The outline colour just randomly stops and starts at curves and the shading is almost like bad anti-aliasing. I suggest redoing the hair or making it look more like hair by not making it blocky.
Hmm... I can try. I'm terrible at shading.
Well thne keep on practicing. Just not doing something because you are bad at it won't make you better.