The VG Resource

Full Version: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story - Open to any wishing to help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mostly these are just backgrounds for things like the different rooms in the characters houses and the building interiors and such.

I had wanted to do some maps, of places like Kainess Village, and the areas around them that you can explore, but that's turning out to be somewhat of a hassle as I don't really know what I'm doing quite yet, most of the bakgrounds I've gotten by just disabling the sprite layer and the 3rd layer of background with the text and taking a snapshot with ZNESW.

I started doing this to get a variety of background settings for a web comic I'm working on, and well it just kind of grew from there...

Right now, I'm just going to put up the stuff I've gotten sorted out, sorry if some of it is repetitive, but the only one I've actually seen posted up on the site is for Usagi's Room, so I'll just leave that one out.

Everything in this upload will be from Chapter 1[attachment=2261][attachment=2262][attachment=2263][attachment=2264][attachment=2265][attachment=2266]
Here's a few more, also from Chapter 1. All from Usagi's house, minus her own bedroom.

That's it for the stuff I've managed to sort so far.[attachment=2268][attachment=2269][attachment=2270]
Use an imageuploading service, and save your images as .png.
Also, please try and rip full maps - these are just single screenshots with the sprites taken off using ZSnes' layer tools.
Take screenshots of the entire map, and put them together like a jigsaw.
(05-06-2009, 01:17 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Use an imageuploading service, and save your images as .png.

Ah, is putting them in .png format something I can just go into photoshop and edit, or do I need to go back into the program and retake the screenshots?

(05-06-2009, 02:39 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Also, please try and rip full maps - these are just single screenshots with the sprites taken off using ZSnes' layer tools.
Take screenshots of the entire map, and put them together like a jigsaw.

Ah, alright then, there's not really a good tool for just ripping a map, is there? I've been fiddling with Tilemolester and a couple others, usually just end up with the tiles for the portion of what's on the screen tho.
Yes, saving a bmp in photoshop (or even Paint!) will do the trick.
Alright, I'll get to work on that tonight...