The VG Resource

Full Version: 3D Ripping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I'm new here, but I see that you guys rip texture maps of 3D models. Are you guys also ripping the 3D models themselves? If not, could you tell me how?
I have seen this with the triwlight princess models along with metroid prime 1-3 but only the twilight ones can be downloaded.
Extracting models is a completely different and decidedly more complex procedure that we don't cover.
Is it possible to take a game from n64 like super smash bros and rip mario even though its 3d. Just curious or will it come out messed up.
Did you like not even read this topic? Or use Google? Or your BRAIN?

Yes you CAN rip models, but it is VERY difficult and NOT covered here.
(05-01-2009, 05:28 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Extracting models is a completely different and decidedly more complex procedure that we don't cover.

I was thinking about doing this with Super Mario Galaxy models. What do you think?
You could if you wanted to, but we won't/can't host it. We deal in sprites and textures only.
I'm just wondering, but does a place like this for 3d models even exist?
doubt so. never heard of such thing.
Turbosquid hosts 3d things but I dout that they'll accept stuff taken out of a game.
There's a lot of 3d archives like Turbosquid, but none of them I know of host video game models. Oh sure you can find a few random video game models on those sites, but there aren't ever many.