The VG Resource

Full Version: Emulating 1up's style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
because I really like his style Very Sad
here goes!...

errr.

uh...

HA!
here's what came out Sick
[Image: almostder.png]
1st one = sketch
2nd = ... wasted spot
3rd = finished thing,

2b= original gun
the character is Zash, my bro over at MFGG, after 80% in he tells me he wants a barrett instead so... the gun's kinda half-assed in his hand..
anywho, imo this totally doesn't suck :V but obviously it could be better and I lack confidence or ability to find these errors myself so...
C+C plz

*the bipod legs shouldn't be down. oops
It looks good, can you make it animate now?
youve got his left lower leg curved the wrong way
yeah, it looks kinda twisted

That and his eyes are too ^__^ anime, 1up's style is...I'm not sure how to describe it, but the girls he makes have those kind of eyes.
not the dudes
Its not quite 1ups style, nor quite his level of quality, but it seems you weren't expecting it to be. It is a step in the right direction, a pretty good attempt, and a good enough sprite on its own merits however. I would say contrast it up a notch as a start.
Hair's shading looks pillowed, and his legs lacks shading, too plain.
hair is pillowed, face is too wide, the leg on our right looks fucked up, not enough shading, you need to stop being so scared to get into the center of sprites. i had that problem for awhile, stop only shading around the edges of the sprite and try to show some more detail.

the hair shouldnt be that curvy(unless the ref there in inaccurate, there's no need to try and curve the spikes all over the place, leaving them straight will look fine) his suit should be a bit baggier too

you should be able to see more of the arm holding the gun, the gun should also be resting on his shoulder unless he's got SUPERMAYON STRENGTH

arm closest to us is either too thick, or the arm behind him is too thin, pick whichever one you want to fix

fix the weeaboo eyes
(04-30-2009, 05:09 PM)1up Wrote: [ -> ]hair is pillowed, face is too wide, the leg on our right looks fucked up, not enough shading, you need to stop being so scared to get into the center of sprites. i had that problem for awhile, stop only shading around the edges of the sprite and try to show some more detail.

the hair shouldnt be that curvy(unless the ref there in inaccurate, there's no need to try and curve the spikes all over the place, leaving them straight will look fine) his suit should be a bit baggier too

you should be able to see more of the arm holding the gun, the gun should also be resting on his shoulder unless he's got SUPERMAYON STRENGTH

arm closest to us is either too thick, or the arm behind him is too thin, pick whichever one you want to fix

fix the weeaboo eyes

i c wut u mean, didn't mean to pillowshade the hair :v did that first looked good then forgot to go back and fix it, the gun's supposed be resting under his armpit but now that I think about it that doesn't work either... hmm..