The VG Resource

Full Version: GGPO - Download This Shit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://ggpo.net/

Quote:GGPO is a networking library that game developers can use to add networked gameplay support to arcade style games. GGPO's latency hiding techniques give each player a gameplay experience that is nearly indistinguishable from playing with their friends locally, even against players around the world.

As of right now, it only supports a few games;

Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
The King of Fighters 2002
The King of Fighters '98
Last Blade 2
Marvel vs. Capcom
Samurai Shodown 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Super Street Fighter II: Turbo
Vampire Savior
X-Men vs. Street Fighter

You gotta get the roms yourself, but aside from that this is freakin' sweet. The entire program is lobby-based, and there are people online often.

You're also allowed to spectate matches already in progress, which is awesome as fuck.

Everybody should get this now.
call me when they provide suport to magical drop3.
Isn't the DC version of 3rd Strike meant to be superior to the arcade version?

And I just got online GGXX#Reload working, too. =/
yeah tyvon gg posting this shit o/
(04-30-2009, 12:54 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the DC version of 3rd Strike meant to be superior to the arcade version?

And I just got online GGXX#Reload working, too. =/
Capcom's even looked into the way GGPO does its thing. That's how good this is about lag issues.

Yeah but
1) 3rd Strike DC does not go on internets
2) GGXX#Reload is not LAGLESS

I'd get it for most of those games, honestly

c'mon

alpha 3

its also a lot less frustrating to set up than GGXX#R. make a username, pass, download the application, get roms and you're good to go
Not a single game on that list I care to play.. Tongue Heh. Though, from the sounds of it, they are trying to catch up to the technology announced a few weeks ago that's intended to replace console gaming. (Can't remember for the life of me what it's called or who made it. I guess I should save links to MSNBC articles I read) Supposed to be able to stream games practically seamlessly over the net. Sadly, if it works, piracy on new video games will practically come to a halt. Oh wait. I don't support piracy.. n.n
Although it's semi-easy to get running, it's very easy to run into connection issues before you get everything stable.

And there really should be a away for automatically switching between player1/player2. I ended up accidentally fighting over a player 1 slot with someone else before I tried to change my pad configuration ingame. And then it crashed. =/
(04-30-2009, 04:43 PM)Nicodareus Wrote: [ -> ]Not a single game on that list I care to play.. Tongue Heh. Though, from the sounds of it, they are trying to catch up to the technology announced a few weeks ago that's intended to replace console gaming. (Can't remember for the life of me what it's called or who made it. I guess I should save links to MSNBC articles I read) Supposed to be able to stream games practically seamlessly over the net. Sadly, if it works, piracy on new video games will practically come to a halt. Oh wait. I don't support piracy.. n.n

soooo reminds me of what the phantom promised.
Oh fuck yes

challenging anyone on Marvel vs Capcom
(05-02-2009, 10:31 AM)OSM Wrote: [ -> ]Oh fuck yes

challenging anyone on Marvel vs Capcom

sure. once i figure out how to air combo in this goddamn game ):
(04-30-2009, 04:43 PM)Nicodareus Wrote: [ -> ]Not a single game on that list I care to play.. Tongue Heh. Though, from the sounds of it, they are trying to catch up to the technology announced a few weeks ago that's intended to replace console gaming. (Can't remember for the life of me what it's called or who made it. I guess I should save links to MSNBC articles I read) Supposed to be able to stream games practically seamlessly over the net. Sadly, if it works, piracy on new video games will practically come to a halt. Oh wait. I don't support piracy.. n.n

you sound like you want to sound extremely intelligent

this has been around like 2 years before the phantom was announced; i remember the days when all GGPO had support for was Street Fighter Alpha 2 lol

i'll take anyone in Alpha 3 or KOF 2002, btw
(05-03-2009, 03:25 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]i'll take anyone in KOF 2002
well fine if you feel like getting fucked in the ass again bro
(05-03-2009, 03:25 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]

you sound like you want to sound extremely intelligent

this has been around like 2 years before the phantom was announced; i remember the days when all GGPO had support for was Street Fighter Alpha 2 lol

i'll take anyone in Alpha 3 or KOF 2002, btw

Too bad I wasn't talking about the phantom, huh?

And you sound like you wanted to sound soooo extremely intelligent...

To clarify, the system in question has NOT been released yet and was only announced just a few weeks ago. Funny, huh?

Add:

Ah.. OnLive.. That's what it was called. Too bad I can't find the original article I was reading on it. It was considerably more interesting.

http://cbs11tv.com/entertainment/Streami...67381.html
(05-04-2009, 05:05 AM)Nicodareus Wrote: [ -> ]And you sound like you wanted to sound soooo extremely intelligent...
good thing i wasn't trying to come off as a smartass either who knows everything and puts everybody down Cool

Also I believe that's the thing I confused the Phantom with <_< It was posted like a month ago here on TSR. Thing sounds pretty cool but yeah, I don't think GGPO's trying to one-up it or anything; if that were the case the games would be provided on their server and it would be really awesome. Unfortunately it's not ):
GGPO requires both people have "legally obtained" ROMs, and then arranges a P2P connection between the two using algorithms superior to that of Kaillera that doesn't cause the two players to desync
(05-03-2009, 04:57 PM)Osiris Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2009, 03:25 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]i'll take anyone in KOF 2002
well fine if you feel like getting fucked in the ass again bro
i totally do
in fact i've got a counter-assfucking combination of characters!!

!!!!

[so how about that terry]
reporting in;

Kosheh and I played a few games of Garou. All of the matches were pretty damn close.

There WAS this super-corny moment when Kosh Just Defended half of B. Jenet's kicking special and nullified a lot of shave damage >:U

i won most of the matches
Uugh... I finally got all the files and opened the router things and crap to get this thing started but every time I start a match I get this
You're supposed to. But if it takes too long, there's a problem with the connected between you and your opponent, probably.
Pages: 1 2