The VG Resource

Full Version: Wii for HDTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just thinking of wii for my gamecube games and was wondering if it supports 720p and the other levels of HD?

If it doesn't does anybody think that that will come out with a newer wii for HD?
No, the Wii's GPU can't handle the pressure. The Wii was not to be anywhere near HD. If Wii was HD then Sony would make Blu-ray $1.23 so they could have all these people buy Blu-ray, then Microsoft will publish HALO 4.
You can buy devices that upscale SD signals to HD. It doesn't look as good as pure HD, but it's a damn sight better than a million jaggies.
Yeah, I use a component cable for my HDTV - It's just up scaling from SD, but hey, make no real difference to me - I just got the cable because using a normal RGB cable makes everything blur.
The closest thing possible to what you're talking about is using Dolphin. You can make you're screen resolution as high as you want if your computer can handle it. Here's some examples:
http://img151.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=metroidprime.png
Ignoring my horrible FPS(I used my laptop for these), the games look amazing. I left anti-aliasing off for obvious reasons, but it looks even better if you turn it on.