The VG Resource

Full Version: Sprite Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been working on this sprite here and need some help with a bit of the shading on the snakes:
[Image: atma.png]

I'm not asking for a person to do it for me, but where should I add some shading?
I can't add anymore colors, I can only work with 16 colors and have all of them maxed.
(04-26-2009, 11:08 PM)Zemious Wrote: [ -> ]I've been working on this sprite here and need some help with a bit of the shading on the snakes:
Well first of all nice sprite very detailed, and pleasant to the eye.
The snakes on the top left, and right can't bend there heads like that, and the snake on the bottom right is a little wierd.
Shading can be done behind the womens body, and where the snakes overlap each other, I realized that you already made some shading in some of those area's, but you need to extend the shading a little bit so it will be more noticable, plus the snakes need to be smoothen out, but really its not a big deal its only if you want to make it more graphical.
the woman's torso is really great, although i'm not really sure about the rest, specially the way the snakes are drawn and how the legs are sligthy pillowshaded.
[Image: 51947481.png]
in order to improve the shading, i'd suggest improve the pallette you're using atm by using a wider range of hues instead of a simple gradient -using colors with a low contrast or diference will just add extra colors that in the end doesnt make the piece smoother-. you could cut half the greens you're using on the woman and replace the darkest shade with some purples or blues that you coul later recycle for the red snakes. as for the hair, avoid using the black outline to define each segment of it, and rather use diferent shades of that purple i said before.

since it seems you're not really looking for an edit(although doing one would help me ilustrate my point) this should give you an idea on how you can improve your colors(and therefore, your shading).
[Image: rampsak6.png]
(04-27-2009, 01:11 AM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]the woman's torso is really great, although i'm not really sure about the rest, specially the way the snakes are drawn and how the legs are sligthy pillowshaded.
[Image: 51947481.png]

since it seems you're not really looking for an edit(although doing one would help me ilustrate my point) this should give you an idea on how you can improve your colors(and therefore, your shading).

You can show me an edit if you'd like as an example.

-------------------------------
Last night I deleted my cookies and the password was lost for my original account. I usually use one password for every forum account online but they didn't seem to work at all...
I did the forgot password and entered the new password in and kept getting an annoying error that just said "•". That's what would happen when I copy and pasted the password, which I've done before thousands of times on any other forum. I thought it didn't like the copy and paste so I manually typed the password in and it'd say that the password is wrong...
I'm posting this all here because I don't know the moderators to talk to.
Please don't be mad with me. Sick

---EDIT---
I posted this message to Tonberry2k
I should be a bit more observant next time I post stuffs. :s
(04-26-2009, 11:08 PM)Zemious Wrote: [ -> ]I've been working on this sprite here and need some help with a bit of the shading on the snakes:

I'm not asking for a person to do it for me, but where should I add some shading?
I can't add anymore colors, I can only work with 16 colors and have all of them maxed.

Around the hair (?) If you maek that darker it will look a step closer to realism.
(04-27-2009, 12:27 PM)FLYBOMBER Wrote: [ -> ]

Around the hair (?) If you maek that darker it will look a step closer to realism.

Ah thanks, although I'm going for shading around the snakes.
Is there any reason why you're using an alternate account? I'm niot going to ban this one or anything (since you're not trying to be anyone else), but I'm curious. I will have to limit you to one eventally though.
(04-27-2009, 01:37 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any reason why you're using an alternate account? I'm niot going to ban this one or anything (since you're not trying to be anyone else), but I'm curious. I will have to limit you to one eventally though.

Last night I deleted my cookies and the password was lost for my original account. I usually use one password for every forum account online but they didn't seem to work at all...
I did the forgot password and entered the new password in and kept getting an annoying error that just said "•". That's what would happen when I copy and pasted the password, which I've done before thousands of times on any other forum. I thought it didn't like the copy and paste so I manually typed the password in and it'd say that the password is wrong...
I'm posting this all here because I don't know the moderators to talk to.
Please don't be mad with me.

I sent a message to Tonberry2K, sorry about the two accounts. :/
I've merged your old account with your new one, so you've got all your posts back and whatnot. This seemed to work for Torres. when he had that same problem with his account.

We don't know why it comes up with that error, nor do we know how to fix it... (Well, I don't, at least.)

Also, I can change your name back to "Zemious" (without the 1) if you want me to, so that you don't have to use one of your personal username changes.
(04-27-2009, 04:48 PM)Chackn Wrote: [ -> ]I've merged your old account with your new one, so you've got all your posts back and whatnot. This seemed to work for Torres. when he had that same problem with his account.

We don't know why it comes up with that error, nor do we know how to fix it... (Well, I don't, at least.)

Also, I can change your name back to "Zemious" (without the 1) if you want me to, so that you don't have to use one of your personal username changes.

Do you think my name could be "Zeemis" instead of Zemious?
I go by Zeemis on youtube and a lot of people know me as that more so than Zemious.
(04-27-2009, 12:01 PM)Zemious1 Wrote: [ -> ]You can show me an edit if you'd like as an example.

[Image: 60572594.png]
Reduced the color count to 12. also noticed most of the Snakes(specially the ones at the bottom are randomly drawn. i'd suggest make them have a consistance, or else they'll just look like a bunch of random lines or like a piranha plant from Mario games.
(04-27-2009, 06:16 PM)Zeemis Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think my name could be "Zeemis" instead of Zemious?
I go by Zeemis on youtube and a lot of people know me as that more so than Zemious.
Sure thing. *changes name*