The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic R full rip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've ripped everything from this game that isn't already on the site. I think. If I'm missing something, please tell me.

I also made a new section icon since the old one has what looks like JPG noise all over and just isn't that great in the first place IMO.
[Image: sonicrsectionicon.png]

[Image: sonicrbackgroundsicon.png][Image: sonicrcharactertextures.png][Image: sonicrendingspart1icon.png][Image: sonicrendingspart2icon.png][Image: sonicrendingspart3icon.png][Image: sonicrhelpimagesicon.png][Image: sonicrradiantemeraldtex.png][Image: sonicrradicalcitytextur.png][Image: sonicrreactivefactoryte.png][Image: sonicrregalruintextures.png][Image: sonicrresortislandtextu.png][Image: sonicrtitlescreenandsta.png][Image: sonicrweatherandwaterfx.png]

The Backgrounds were uploaded in a rar since there's one for each time of day and type of weather and they're all 1664x128 textures. Yes I typed that right. Don't ask me how textures that big even worked on a game this old.
It's cool that you ripped these (You're a texture machine!), but these textures are pretty... interesting. Although they do match the game's campy soundtrack.
I figured I might as well rip the textures since there weren't many and the format was really simple. I'd have to agree about their quality though. They could've (and should've) been a lot nicer, but I guess they were going for an undetailed cartoon style or something. As for the soundtrack, its not good but its a lot better with the vocals turned off.
"Can you feel the sunshine?" Haha

Oh, but just one thing. The character textures seem all mixed up. Do you think you can organize it a bit more? I mean, I wouldn't know what goes where.
I could, but most textures are just lumped into a 256x256 texture in the original file. It's not like I stuck everything together on purpose.
I have this game on Sonic Gem Collection
great textures Cute
These are tasty, great job! Big Grin
Great Sonic R stuff! I never could figure out the sizes of those backgrounds on my own, but I'm glad to see somebody finally ripping them. =D
It took a bit of Googling to find the Backgrounds' dimensions. I'm not sure I would have found them on my own. I was able to figure out all the other sizes though. The dimensions of the Raws are based on their filesizes. Here's a list I made of them.
21kb=32x256
23kb=96x79
48kb=128x128
192kb=256x256
624kb=1664x128
900kb=640x480