The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic and the black knight textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
these are from the game
How did you rip them?
I can assume you didn't, and you just stole them.
I'd wager he stole them considering he didn't even have the sense to compile them into a sheet. Seriously, its not hard especially for as few textures as that. There's three ways I know of that he could have used to get them and only stealing would make sense for him. Heck, by the names of the textures it looks like he downloaded a model from somewhere and just uploaded its textures. If you're to lazy to put them onto a sheet when there's only like 5 textures and they're not humongous(I'm talking 512x512 at least) then I doubt you'd bother to rename them either. I'm completely sure that the original filenames wouldn't look like that and that ripped filenames wouldn't look like that either.

Now maybe by some chance I'm completely wrong, but everything about this just looks bogus to me. I'd be willing to eat my words only if he can give a reasonable explanation for how he got the textures.
I'm also going on the assumption due to his only other post being his post of someone else's sheet.
Well that just skyrockets his credibility doesn't it?
Maybe we can find the real guy who did this.
i emailed the guy, and he said that it was OK, and he didn't want to do it him self, i will make it one sheet
(04-24-2009, 07:55 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd wager he stole them considering he didn't even have the sense to compile them into a sheet. Seriously, its not hard especially for as few textures as that. There's three ways I know of that he could have used to get them and only stealing would make sense for him. Heck, by the names of the textures it looks like he downloaded a model from somewhere and just uploaded its textures. If you're to lazy to put them onto a sheet when there's only like 5 textures and they're not humongous(I'm talking 512x512 at least) then I doubt you'd bother to rename them either. I'm completely sure that the original filenames wouldn't look like that and that ripped filenames wouldn't look like that either.

Now maybe by some chance I'm completely wrong, but everything about this just looks bogus to me. I'd be willing to eat my words only if he can give a reasonable explanation for how he got the textures.
i have decided to not waist my time here, and if its so easy, YOU FREA'N DO IT!!!
(04-25-2009, 07:10 AM)bobatcomcast Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2009, 07:55 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd wager he stole them considering he didn't even have the sense to compile them into a sheet. Seriously, its not hard especially for as few textures as that. There's three ways I know of that he could have used to get them and only stealing would make sense for him. Heck, by the names of the textures it looks like he downloaded a model from somewhere and just uploaded its textures. If you're to lazy to put them onto a sheet when there's only like 5 textures and they're not humongous(I'm talking 512x512 at least) then I doubt you'd bother to rename them either. I'm completely sure that the original filenames wouldn't look like that and that ripped filenames wouldn't look like that either.

i have decided to not waist my time here, and if its so easy, YOU FREA'N DO IT!!!

You can't say that because you DIDN'T do it. And yes, it is quite easy. Only slightly harder than ripping regular sprites. Procuring a rom might be a tad difficult, yes (unless you have a Wii disk reader for your computer, and a large Hard Drive), but once you have it it's very easy. Get your own f*cking box and quit pretending to know more than the hundred-and-one professional spriters here.
Too bad, you can't post shit here that's not yours. It's in the rules, so you have no excuse whatsoever.

Locked and warned. Asshole.