The VG Resource

Full Version: Comment on this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Mario in a NEW style Smile
[Image: mario.png]

NEW Super Mario World sprites Cute
[Image: smwremade2.png]

More NEW sprites coming
you still have the same pillow shading problem.
On the Mario? Edit: If so, [Image: marioy.png]
If the new one is the top one then yes.
Did Luigi steal Mario's overalls? You need to work on the new style Mario's face some more. And about the new Mario World sprites, you need to go back to the drawing board on them.
sorry if i may sound rude, but i don't see anything close to "new" or "style" in that mario, besides redrawing him with MSPaint's line tool or the messed shading.
All your sprites look the same and thats not good. Change your style cause this one aint works never use the line art or circle in ms paints use pencil and draw line sketches then clean it here an quick example [Image: Sketch.png] . 1st do you little drawing then clean it up and make it smooth or you can draw pixel by pixel you choice but try to do something more different than what you have now
...What are you even talking about? All the lines are fine. Stop posting for the sake of posting.
The line art is good but it still doesnt look good it looks weird and anatomicly wrong idk the drawing just dont look right too similar to his old ones.
(04-24-2009, 02:58 PM)King of Bad Posters Wrote: [ -> ]The line art is good but it still doesnt look good it looks weird and anatomicly wrong idk the drawing just dont look right too similar to his old ones.

What???? So you say good, but not good, anatomically (Spelled wrong) wrong BUT IT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE STYLE and "just dont look right too similar to his old ones" so what you mean is you have no real C +C?
I meant it looks exactly like your weegee sprite same style. Really fat big head short body hair in the back weird looking shoes.
More contrast between the shades. Your lineart is good, but your shading is spread too far apart, and is not used in the correct places.
(04-24-2009, 06:25 PM)CeeY Wrote: [ -> ]More contrast between the shades. Your lineart is good, but your shading is spread too far apart, and is not used in the correct places.

Thank you very much.
Edit: [Image: mario.png]
Sorry to Double Post, but bump/update [Image: 2qimzk7.png]
a lot of new spriters do this

stop shading just to shade. you've got a gradient going on in every section of the clothes, you're paying attention to lightsource, but you're not paying attention to what you're shading (you wouldn't shade a circle like you would shade a square for instance)

you need to pay attention to what it would ACTUALLY look like, and you've got a huge ref right there so i'm not really sure how you've still got the gradient thing going on tbh
Pages: 1 2 3 4