The VG Resource

Full Version: Dreamcast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Though sega has put us through bs in th 1990's, I found enough trust in sega to pick up a dreamcast. It was one of my favoite systems and still is today. The launch titles were awsome(even they lost money from not protecting against burned games), the controller i admit was a little on the sucky side. But, i picked up an arcade stick. Capcom-versus S,N,K2 Millionare fighting-2001 was my favorite game of all time. The PS2 version was pixelated. I have always thought that the dreamcast had the best version. The sports games were almost as good as EA's. The arcade ports always seemed to be bettter than the adcade versions. But, it had to die for a reason. Atleast we have the PS3(sarcasm)
I always wanted to have one, always seemed like a badass console for me B)
If only it had Saturn compatibility, it would be the greatest console of all time (because even though Saturn has low polycount, it has fucking NiGHTS Into Dreams, Panzer Dragoon, Bomberman Saturn -best Bomberman ever-, Sonic Jam, Burning Rangers, etc)
The Dreamcast had literally

literally

the most addictive games ever.

Sega needs to bring it back.

edit: POWER FUCKIN STONE
YES I totally agree with Tyvon.
also Project Justice, PROJECT FUCKIN JUSTICE

PS2 is the new Dreamcast though. The homebrew scene for the PS2 is about on-par with the DC's plus it's not really hard to get your PS2 playing burned games (lol)

that and all the fighting games from DC are on the PS2 now with the exception of Rival Schools lol
hey tyvon

RIVAL SCHOOLS
RIVAL SCHOOLS PROJECT JUSTICE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFF
I've only played Power Stone (2?) in a store (GameStop? Was FuncoLand or Babbages still around then?). I've never really forgotten the brief experience playing it. It was definitely a good game. One I'd immediately pick up if the series was ever resurrected for a console I own.
AAAAAAAA Power Stone, Project Justice, Last Blade, Plasma Sword/Star Gladiator, Phantasy Star Online, Sword of the Berserk!!
Also I played Guilty Gear, Shining Force 1&2, Phantasy Star on my Dreamcast. I still have all the CDs, but no one's able to fix my units. :<
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 was just so god damn awesome. And Seaman, wow that was a strange game I couldn't stop playing.
Jet Set Radio (Grind Radio for the unfaithful ones) was one of my favourite games of all time. When JSRF came out I couldn't believe it and when JSR3 was canned I was really really sad.

The main reason I drag my Dreamcast out now is to play some House of the Dead 2 (laughing at the woman who begs the zombie not to come) and some Samba de Amigo which is so much better than the Wii version.

I'd give my left lung for a new JSR (or Panzer Dragoon) game to come out...
I always wanted one
I want to play Ikaruga plus it has the most awesome fighting games ever
The only good games I have for mine is SF3 and Floigan Bros (ehh) but still.
Thankfully the GameCube can get you a much cheaper Ikaruga. Just don't buy the XBL one...
(04-23-2009, 09:17 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]YES I totally agree with Tyvon.
also Project Justice, PROJECT FUCKIN JUSTICE

PS2 is the new Dreamcast though. The homebrew scene for the PS2 is about on-par with the DC's plus it's not really hard to get your PS2 playing burned games (lol)

that and all the fighting games from DC are on the PS2 now with the exception of Rival Schools lol
hey tyvon

RIVAL SCHOOLS

PS1 also has Rival Schools man, so in a way, the PS2 has it too :c
PSX was the FIRST one to have Rival Schools.

And Rival Schools 2, which I think is a "PSX take" on the second one... it's in all Japanese though, so I don't know!
It features characters from Project Justice(official "RS2")... but it seems more like a Rival Schools 1.5. I didn't really get a chance to play it for very long. Maybe I'll redownload it one day.
I think I have that somewhere... going to have to fish it out now.
A lot of people compare RS/PJ to the Marvel vs Capcom games because of the ability to knock the enemy in the air and chase them with an air combo. However, the gameplay engine and air combo engine is a bit more refined and way less broken. In fact, Project Justice is superior to the Marvel vs series in many ways. If you own it on your Dreamcast you have no excuse to be playing it less than MvC1 or 2.
Pages: 1 2