The VG Resource

Full Version: Fadathread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to challenge somebody again.
Here's my suggestion:
A video, to give a little idea of what's going on
Another video for a ship reference.
[Image: AeroGauge_Coverart.png]
The cover, another ship to refer to.
Please notice that the ships tend to be hybrids (speedboat/hovercar, sportscar/hovercar, subaquatic vehicle/hovercar...)

What I want you to do is design your own ship and (if you want to) pilot, both with names (ship names tend to be associated to colours, eg Black Lightning). Dimensions are maximum 128x128, and 32 colours max (transparency included). You have till next Sunday to do it.
(04-22-2009, 07:48 AM)Chris2Balls Wrote: [ -> ]Tyvon, Anubis, 1up or Dex

suck im dick im betgter than all those sires in every way!!!!!CoolCoolCool
he is too(not ass kissing just telling the truth)
if youre gonna challenge that group

adding shawn in is mandatory

and then me facing winner
shall i post something like "i accept your cahllenge" etc or just post the sprite? mean, i know that would be totally anticlimatic but i can't think of something better to accept the challenge untill i get to lunch.

PS: Out of all these Racing games on tthe n64, Aurogauge was barely above the bottom of my list. getting to control those hover cars was as painful as driving on Wipeout, but at least it had a more colorful presentation.
Yeah, just confirm, you don't necessarily need to post anything finished yet. It's up to you to post a WIP or not. I'm glad you want to give it a go Smile
(04-22-2009, 03:28 PM)Prometheus Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2009, 07:48 AM)Chris2Balls Wrote: [ -> ]Tyvon, Anubis, 1up or Dex

suck im dick im betgter than all those sires in every way!!!!!CoolCoolCool
Go ahead and give it a try Wink
yep, then i'd take the challenge.
(04-22-2009, 04:13 PM)Anubis Wrote: [ -> ]if youre gonna challenge that group

adding shawn in is mandatory

and then me facing winner

how about you finish our challenge you

>:c
forgot to ask, you're actually looking for a top down sprite or wharever comes to one's mind?
Oh, just think of it as a presentation of some kind: you can present the ship at a 3/4 angle, or lay it out into several pictures at different angles (left, right...).
I was thinking of actually mimic the character select screen of the game to portrait the ships.
[Image: snap0001.png][Image: snap0000.png]
talk about being a Fzero ripoff :V
Sounds like a good idea. Any suggestions on dimensions?
It's a good rip-off trust me
One of my fave 64 games
Lets make a demake Cute

(Gameboy Colour)
# Colour: 10, 32, or 56 on screen colors from a palette of 32000 (56 = 32 tile colours and 24 sprite colours)
# Resolution: 160x144
# Sprites: 40 - 8x16, 8x8 (max 4 colours including transparency)
# Tiles: 512 on screen (max 4 colours including transparency)
Awww you got my weak point there x(. After this challenge though, I really love demakes!
Cross that.
Yeah, I think a demake would be more interesting. Do we use our own colours or shall we find a GBC palette somewhere?
(04-23-2009, 04:49 PM)Chris2Balls Wrote: [ -> ]Awww you got my weak point there x(. After this challenge though, I really love demakes!
Cross that.
Yeah, I think a demake would be more interesting. Do we use our own colours or shall we find a GBC palette somewhere?

A GBC palette isnĀ“t really needed at all. The only rule to GBC colours is that the R, G and B values of a colour must be multiples of 3.

I think are about 75000 colours.
Pages: 1 2 3