The VG Resource

Full Version: Capcom fail as "suspense" on countdowns.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.tu4ar.com/

Wonder what that's for? HMM...

Maybe it's SOMETHING WE'VE ALL KNOWN ABOUT FOR MONTHS?
Something that HAS A 2 in the name?
SOMETHING THA-- It's marvel vs. capcom 2 for XBLA.
I'm still waiting for my Capcom vs Nintendo ;.;
(04-21-2009, 03:12 PM)Dimentumn Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still waiting for my Capcom vs Nintendo ;.;

lol
i'll laugh if it's not marvel vs. capcom 2
capcom vs capcom

new age of capcom
Campom vs Konami

honestly fuck anything else I want to see Mega-man against Snake
Yeah, this is old speculation and a bunch of shit has already just made it more obvious, what with MvC2 having ESRB ratings, gamepads for the 360 and PS3, and a list of 360 achievements.

I don't really care though. I played the shit out of MvC2 (and still do) but I don't have nearly as much fun with it as I do with CvS2.
TU4AR = Take You For A Ride
Take You For A Ride = MvC2 character select theme

Cute

Ohhh, and it's gonna be on PS3 too, not just XBLA.

I hope people will still be buying PS2 copies for $100+ because I'm going to sell my copy as soon as this releases. >______>
I honestly thought MvC2 was the best fighting game released after Street Fighter 2 - MvS never appealed to me, and I found the style to be very stale and a bit too... Heavy?

The crazy moves in MvC2 are what made it for me, just like the first game.
Oh, don't get me wrong, MvC2 is an amazing game for hardcore fighting fans and casual fighting fans alike due to its fun, crazy, out-of-control gameplay and familiar faces in both the Marvel and Capcom series.

It just seems to me that the game focuses too much on looks than actual gameplay. It's almost impossible to catch an enemy by surprise with a super, and little to none of the Capcom characters play like they should and seem "nerfed" compared to other characters.
Seriously, Ken fucking sucks in this game. His Hadouken has so little reach that there's no point in using it, his Senpuukyaku goes in a 45 degree angle, his Shippu Jinryakyaku is incredibly nerfed and almost impossible to hit with and his Shinryuken not only rarely lands, but does way less damage than it used to do.
Sakura lost virtually her entire movelist just so they could fit an "Akuma" mode for her, which basically gives her back her old movelist. At the expense of 3 power gauges.
Akuma's Messatsu Gourasen is just fucking retarded, it's like Shinryuken but with SHITTIER range AND damage. Trying to use this move for a tag-out super combo is almost impossible to do if you want to land with it, unless the enemy's fucked in a corner, and even then it's a game of chance.

I also don't like how there's only like four or five songs in the soundtrack total, I hear the same song playing during a fight almost the whole time. I miss the old days when the character theme would play for the challenger, and when you knocked out a character, the theme would fade out and the character who jumps in's theme would start playing. In fact, MvC1's overall presentation succeeds MvC2 in many ways.

The characters in MvC2 are also unbalanced, especially compared to MvC1. Although, the unbalance does kinda make the game a bit more fun, something that other games can't pull off very well. The characters are a bit ridiculous though... I mean come on, TWO Wolverines? Servbot?

But there are also some excellent character additions... Cable is a fuckin beast and Hayato, while low-tier, can chain together some amazing combos.

These are just little nitpicks though, MvC2 is still one of my favorite fighters ever and those nitpicks would definitely never stop me from buying the PSN/XBLA versions. ( If I had the systems.... Very Sad )

EDIT: Also activating supers by doing just one movement and pressing two attack buttons is retarded. Just saying. Give me back my QCFx2 specials Capcom!
I still remember being one of the few(with Soul Calibur) figthing games i have ever enjoyed. and enjoyed because i actually managed to get some decent skills to play it and not die miserably(like me on any KOF, for example)
Ehe. I don't like fighting games to begin with and still rank the MvC games among the lowest on top of that.. It was rather.. Disheartening to see all my favorite Capcom characters bastardized.

Personally, I'd prefer Ehrgeiz if I was going to play a re-release of a fighting game. But I'm just silly like that. And would rather have an Ehrgeiz 2. (Lawl @ Dissidia.. Nice try Squeenix. Nice try..)
that game's only merit was the fanservice of FF7's characters, imo.

same as dissidia.
MVC2 is also a pretty ugly game. I mean, it wasn't that bad in MVC because most of the sprites still looked good together, but characters like Morrigan and Captain Commando (who had actually been resized) looked terrible compared to anyone new in the roster or the crisper sprites like Wolverine or Cable.
A few characters are outright broken as far as supports go (Captain Commando + anti air = aw jeez)
and yeah tyvon the soundtrack in MVC2 suuuuuucks.
(04-22-2009, 10:59 PM)Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]that game's only merit was the fanservice of FF7's characters, imo.

same as dissidia.

Heh. The FF characters weren't what made Ehrgeiz a great game or else I might actually give a damn about Dissidia.
Pages: 1 2