The VG Resource

Full Version: A Wild BOULDERGIEST Appears!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: bouldergeist.gif]

http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/42048.htm

Mario Galaxy boss in Pokémon style.
A lil big and overdone on shading for pokemon style(size is 80x80), but that's probably because of who it is, other than that you got the dither and other aspects of it down.

Really nice job though Bab.
Yea. I realized the 80x80 thing, but if I stayed within 80x80 it would have been cramped even more than it is now.
Anubis said almost anything I could criticize about it. Besides that, it kinda bothers me how one hand seems darker than the other.

Not too shabby. Good as always, BAB.
If his eyes are glowing, then you should use another color for the rock's yellow highlight. It's because it looks painted right now. If his eyes are indeed painted, then disregard me.
It's good, it matches the style almost perfectly, but for some reason, I think it looks a little over dithered...Although, I'm not sure it is
The dark...stuff under Bouldergeist might actually be too dark for the style and looks a little like a hole. Maybe some dithering would help.

But despite the critique, this sprite is great. A bit dark but great.
(04-21-2009, 01:51 PM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Anubis said almost anything I could criticize about it. Besides that, it kinda bothers me how one hand seems darker than the other.

Not too shabby. Good as always, BAB.

That would be because he's blocking the light to it.
*changes pants* great job, however I do happen to agree it was over dithered for pokemon esque sprites, unless you were going for r/s/e style.
Updated with anim. If you haven't rated on PJ already please do.
Very nice. Fossil criticized everything I possibly could so I don't have much to say.
(04-26-2009, 08:17 PM)OSM Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice. Fossil criticized everything I possibly could so I don't have much to say.

Yea. If I were more committed to it I would edit it, but this really is just an excuse to try something in the style.
(04-21-2009, 07:38 AM)Badassbill Wrote: [ -> ][Image: bouldergeist.gif]
That's sick! the shading is awesome although I can't just say only good things about it, so you might want to make his fingers move a little when it twitches, or whatever its doing, and as far as pokemon style I would like this one over the original.