The VG Resource

Full Version: My custom chikorita
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to spriting so I decided to try to make a sheet, It is a custom chikorita. This is my 1st sprite from scratch
Oh and It's in my signature XD

Any suggestions, comments?
For starters, the face looks nothing like a Chikorita.

Second, you forgot the green necklace-like spots around Chikorita's neck.

Third, the shading on the leaf looks wrong.

And don't copy the eyes :<
oB2Ko Mario Wrote:For starters, the face looks nothing like a Chikorita.

Second, you forgot the green necklace-like spots around Chikorita's neck.

Third, the shading on the leaf looks wrong.

And don't copy the eyes :<
I didn't copy the eyes and what do you mean the face looks nothing like chikorita? Sad
I don't think that's the proper green, and Chikorita doesn't look much like that in general. Change the eyes and the mouth.
The leaf is missing the hole
More contrast between the eyes and the skin color
The necklace type thing is missing.
Ok I did more.
[Image: 2qxaiqc.png]
Shading needs a unified light source, reduce color count [visibly you only need about 10: black, dark green, green, light green, lime, dark lime, bright lime, yellow, red, white], too skinny of a body for as fat as it's head is, the leaf doesn't seem connected to the body and don't put something green on a green background, you want a contrasting background, try blue.
Considering all the crits your first sprite got, leaving it alone and making more that are just as bad was not a good idea.

quantity does not outweigh quality.
Ok...Rolleyes and chikorita has no hole on it's leaf, bayleaf does.
plus, I used diamond/pearl's pallette.
Ok, you used it's palette. If you're satisfied with poor quality go on ignoring us. Just don't complain when people start ignoring this topic because you ignore us.
I'm not ignoring anyone. I just want to know what colors would make it look more realistic. I tried the lime colors but It didn't look right.
well, the leaf is shaded wrong. you have the light coming from the left side on the elaf, but it's coming from the right on the body.
Everything is shaded wrong. The only thing with some accuracy here is the line art. I suggest you try several different versions, and then ask us which is best.
yeah, thats what i'm doing now Smile
fix the leaf problem, the smile looks alittle wierd, and his tail is.....