The VG Resource

Full Version: Pikmin 2 textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Welcome to the Pikmin 2 texture ripping thread. The goal in this thread is to rip every possible texture from Pikmin 2. If you'd like to help, PM me and I'll send you the the raw textures and the tools you need to extract them. Make sure that if you're going to do this that you have a program that supports dds files and transparency. You can use this to convert the dds files if you don't already have something that can edit them: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I3Q4QLUK

Right now this is how I have the textures sorted. The list might be changed later since some texture sets are pretty big and will most likely need to be split, but this is how it is for now.

Above Ground Level Maps
Enemies - Chaofanatic
Japan Items
Level Rooms
Levels Rooms 2
Menus
Misc1
Misc2
More Menus
Pal Items - Super Kirby
US Items

Section Icon:
[Image: pikmin2sectionicon.png]

Ripped so far:

Enemies
[Image: pikmin2_piklopedia_icon.png]
[Image: pikmin2cloakingburrwonn.png][Image: pikmin2bumblingsnitchbu.png][Image: amphitubericon.png]

Bosses
[Image: pikmin2raginglonglegsic.png][Image: pikmin2titandweevilicon.png][Image: segmentedcrawbstericon.png]

Levels (Most overworlds will be uploaded as rar's to Megaupload because 1024x1024 textures are WAY too big for sheets.)
[Image: pikmin2awakeningwoodico.png][Image: pikmin2valleyofreposeic.png][Image: pikmin2undergroundbackg.png][Image: pikmin2testleveltexture.png]

Items

Pal Items
[Image: pikmin2_palROB_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palcattoy_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palcookie_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_pallighter_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palmug_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palpeanutbutter_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palrocketdome_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palskull_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palsoap_soap.png][Image: pikmin2_pallugimansion_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palmariodisc_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palpikmin_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palpumpkin_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palwatch_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palyoyo_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palzeldadisc_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palanceincoin_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palbubbleblower_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palmagnet_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palredyoyo_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palrubberduck_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_paltap_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_palxmasthing_icon.png][Image: pikmin2pal4partscloveri.png][Image: pikmin2_PALgardeningglove_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_PALlovetester_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_PALscallopshell_icon-1.png][Image: pikmin2_PALlightbulb_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_PALredvinyltape_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_PALrobot_icon.png][Image: pikmin2_PALrobot2_icon.png]

Everything will be sorted as it is ripped because at the moment there's just way too many small textures for separate things to be sorted.
Keep 'em coming. Pikmin 2 was the tits.
Empress Bulblax here. Not adding icon yet because we will categorize the enemies later.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/3844/...ulblax.png
Pikmin 1 and 2 were great games so... I would love to help with this!
...Is there anything you CAN'T rip, Shadowth117?
Amphituber family is completed and ready for submission, I think.

[Image: amphitubericon.png]
Great rips Mageker! If you need help with icons I can get good model screenshots for them.

Miles, the biggest things I can't rip from are probably things that aren't for PC. Namely Xbox 360 and PS3 games. I can occasionally rip from their ports though. You'd be amazed at what you can find with Google. There's a whole bunch of tools that can be used for this kind of thing out there. Honestly I'm surprised people haven't ripped from more moddable games like Halo 1 and 2. They both even have PC ports with official editors. 3D Ripper DX tends to get a lot of things normal extractors can't get to also. Its more of a last resort though usually since it doesn't sort them whatsoever. It rips models and textures from nearly any Direct X 8 or 9 game. Its also probably the only reason I was able to get Textures from SA2B.

Lastly, I've noticed on the site that there are zip files and stuff for large sets of textures. Should I do this for the Above Ground level textures because textures that are 1024x1024 pixels are a bit difficult to put on a sheet. I guess they wanted the environments to look really nice because the average Above Ground level texture is 256x256. Thankfully, there aren't many of these so it would be possible to put them on sheets, but they would have to be seriously huge. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4876/0p...les3tc.png
Could I add this?
[Image: beadylonglegsd.png]
It needs an icon. But glowing golden whatever-that-is dosent look good as an icon...
I hate to bring you down or anything but I still fail to see the point of ripping textures from anything. I could understand if someone was able to mod the games they're subject of, or able to extract the models themselves and transfer them to a more common editable format, but very few people I know of actually spend time messing with models and textures. Honestly I find it a waste of time in the long run, since they're difficult to many people and are quite useless in many aspects. Until there's a method of making ones own 3-D games and extracting the models from the other subject games for use in them, I fail to see the reasoning behind this.

But if you really wish to pursue this, best of luck to you, I hope it's successful and someone proves me wrong.
I'm guessing you have little to no experience with 3d because if you did, you'd know that textures can be used for many 3d projects as well as other things. UV mapping is used to tell the game engine how to apply the textures to a model so that the game knows how to show render them onto the model. Its not terribly hard to do and for anyone that does work with these kinds of things for making renders, videos, etc. these can be very helpful. Also, contrary to what you think there IS a way of extracting the models and the tools for extracting them are what we are currently using to rip the textures. Its not like there aren't 3d fangames or moddable retail games out there either. Ever heard of Halo: Custom Edition? A great example of a game modding site is this:
http://halomaps.org/
While you may not see the reasoning behind this, there are many people who do.

Also, good rip Chaofanatic! I'll try and make an icon for it soon.
(04-19-2009, 12:30 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]While you may not see the reasoning behind this, there are many people who do.

To make surfaces look more realistic? 'Cuz I'd definitely see a use for texture rips off of Mario from Brawl, for instance.

Keep it up, you guys!
I added two levels to the first post and the amphituber family. I'll probably make a new icon for those though along with the other ones.

Quote:To make surfaces look more realistic? 'Cuz I'd definitely see a use for texture rips off of Mario from Brawl, for instance.
Well I could rip those textures...
Oh wow, you're right. There aren't character textures on tSR for SSBB yet. :o

I'd love textures from de Blob actually - the game revolved around getting new painting textures...

On topic, I've not played Pikmin 2, but these textures are really well done, Nintendo knows production quality.
(04-18-2009, 11:28 PM)Chaofanatic Wrote: [ -> ]Could I add this?
[Image: beadylonglegsd.png]
It needs an icon. But glowing golden whatever-that-is dosent look good as an icon...

Thanks guy, I had already ripped this. Thanks for making me waste my time... Didn't you see I claimed enemies? <.<
Well... who cares.
Just say which enemy are you ripping next time you give a try...

EDIT:

[Image: segmentedcrawbstericon.png]
Awesome rip Mageker! Its up on the first post.

And about Chaofanatic, I told him he could rip enemies as long as he talked to you first. I'll try to tell you let you know next time if this happens. And sorry for not notifying you Mageker, that's my fault. Defeated'

To everyone else we could use some help on other things, but no more people need to be ripping enemies.
Pages: 1 2 3 4