The VG Resource

Full Version: STAR V.S. RIDGE TROOPA DUEL DISCUSSION-Duel starts today!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
EDIT:
Ladies and Gentlemen..I present to you the duel of a lifetime(maybe)
[Image: dueli.png]
STAR V.S. RIDGE TROOPA. This duel is between 2 well known M&L spriters. Who will be the victor? Who will be the loser?
All tickets are sold out! If you hadn't bought a ticket, you won't be able to witness this mindblowing show of epic proportions!...TO DA DEAAAAAAATH.Oh wait, you don't need tickets. Tongue Oh well, get some popcorn ready and enjoy the show which will happena today!

Star v.s. Ridge Troopa: Deathmatch is brought to you by Mountain Dew,"Do the Dew"

:What has been Decided:

SPRITING STYLE OF CHOICE: M&L3
THEME OF CHOICE: Bosses-Mario Unvierse(This also allows the Wario Universe, Yoshi Island,and ect.)
NECESSITIES: Overworld and In-Battle poses(Make as much as possible)

TIME DUEL STARTS: Fri. April, 24
TIME DUEL ENDS: Fri. May, 8
Well, good sir, I am inclined to accept your challenge!

M&L3 it shall be. By this time I know the style like the back of my hand. Actually I've recently found that ML3 is more my golden style than MLSS is, because I always try to use more shades when I sprite MLSS -- in ML3 it's perfect because 3-4 are allowed.

Anyhow, for theme... Boss characters? I have something in mind that I've been thinking of spriting...
Battle style would also be ideal, of course.
Any time works for me.

This should be quite interesting. You've got me excited.
This will be interesting.
I've got my money on Starpower. Metaphorically of course.
(04-17-2009, 10:13 PM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [ -> ]Well, good sir, I am inclined to accept your challenge!

M&L3 it shall be. By this time I know the style like the back of my hand. Actually I've recently found that ML3 is more my golden style than MLSS is, because I always try to use more shades when I sprite MLSS -- in ML3 it's perfect because 3-4 are allowed.

Anyhow, for theme... Boss characters? I have something in mind that I've been thinking of spriting...
Battle style would also be ideal, of course.
Any time works for me.

This should be quite interesting. You've got me excited.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! *insert happy face*
Actually, rarely, the shade limit is sometimes 6(mostly for animation purposes). I might have not sprited the style much at all(I just made two sprites in M&L3, and that's Wario and Bowser Jr.), but I do know the basics as well as you do. Big Grin

Boss Characters will be perfect. Just from the Mario Universe. I don't want to see a Legend of Zelda boss or something random like that lol.

In battle sounds great, you got to sprite the overworld too as well, don't forget. What's good about the in battle in M&L3 is that the spriters of it didn't get lazy and just rotate everything like they did in M&L1, so I expect some high quality work from you. Tongue

Also, most importantly: Try your best! I feel pumped up for this.

Now, is there anything else there needs to be discussed besides the time it should start and end?
Well yes larger characters tend to have more shades than smaller ones, but it just depends.
Animation purposes? Could you tell me an example I could check out?

Are we limiting this to a single sprite/animation for both overworld and battle, or are you thinking full sheets? I'm assuming the former.
Other than that and the time/date, we should be set. Like I said I'm not particular about when; whatever time suits you best will be just fine with me as well.
For animation, an example that I could think of from the top of my head is when Bowser is using his Vacuum move when he sucks in anything(for overworld).
There are more but I can't think of any at the moment.

No, do as many poses as you can within the time limit. You are not limited to how many animations. If you can make a full sheet by the time limit then my hat is off to you. O_O
I'm thinking Thursday, April 23 would be good to start this duel. What time should it end? 2 weeks?
Ah, I see what you mean. Shades from the tan and yellow are used somewhat interchangably on Bowser, as are the greens and red/brown. The overall pallet doesn't increase, though.

Yeah, at least two weeks would be great. Any less and anything close to full sheets would seem impossible.
Oh, I thought the pallete did change. My bad. XP

So, that is it then! I shall put the time and stuff in the first post.
Can't wait to see how this duel will turn out.
Btw, just curious but ummm....What boss are you doing? :o Or at least tell me what game it's from..I MUST KNOW GRR!
Why don't you both post who you plan to custom?
Wellll... As I'm not sure whether I'll come across something better between now and Thursday, I'll just say my current idea is from Paper Mario TTYD.
What about you? Got anything in mind?
At the moment, I'm thinking of Cackletta. I might change my mind though. Tongue
If that's the boss you were thinking of Ridge, I'd laugh.
Heh, not quite. But Cackletta is one of my favorites.

Just talking about this makes me want to jump into it right NOW XD
What I'm planning to sprite is something I've wanted to make ever since I saw my first ML3 battle sprite, so I'm really, really anxious.
ML3 Cackletta? Nice, I attempted it but the head came out too weird for me.
Woah, this is gonna be awesome O.O
I think I know which boss Ridge will make xD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7