The VG Resource

Full Version: PM Mr. I
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: papermariomrinw7.gif]

Should I submit it?
Yes, submit it.

I mean this is so fucking awesome! It's a circle that isn't in PM style at all, a circle that doesn't look anything like Mr. I, a circle that is smaller than a goomba actually is in Paper Mario, and it's a circle that has some RECTANGLES inside it!!!
Ugh. why the fuck do you even reply to my topics you have, nothing of any worth to say.

But that aside, PM style eyes, HAVE to be rectangles.

Whatever, I'll make him bigger and I'll make the eyes more interesting but what else is Mr. I other than a circle with an eye, how the fuck does this not look like Mr. I?

Even so, I said it was my first try at PM style so if it's not exactly right, it's hardly surprising.
PM style has shading, anti-aliasing, is big, rather dull, low contrast, no ms paint circles, etc.
This isn't even an attempt at PM style.
That was a VERY useful post despite what you may think. And even though I know you'll ignore everything I say because I'm not one of those select few that give advice nicely or bow down at your feet like you're some sort of spriting god, Mr. I's eye would not have to be an rectangle just because you're doing him in PM style. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret here,

BEING THAT MR.I IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN EYE, SPRITING HIS IRIS AND PUPIL IS SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO DO IF YOU WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE MR.I AND NOT JUST A CIRCLE WITH A RECTANGLE IN IT

And first try or not, you should at least try to make it look like the character you're trying to make. Mr. I is about the same size as Mario if I remember correctly, not smaller than a goomba.

BUT I'M BORED SO I'LL STOP TYPING NOW
Well, this is an excellent topic, right? Ok, this is a perfect example of how to blow up a topic and get it locked.

Yeah, instead of reporting 1up for being rude, tomster, you blow up and cuss him out. Excellently bad form.

1up, while you did give good advice you were overly hostile and insulting. If you want to act like that, tSR isn't the place to do it.

Zeph is the only person in the topic that actually was clear concise and offered legitimate criticism.

So, 1up and Tomster, cut it out, or next time I'll start passing out warns.

ZeeEdit : Topic Reopened on the promise of good behavior. Stick to it guys.
Thanks Zee, but anyway I have two versions, one with shading the other without... I want you guys to decide which is more in style.

w/o shading:
[Image: papermariomrioh9.gif]

w/ shading:
[Image: papermariomri2qm7.gif]

I also improved lots of things, I pretty much remade it...

Anyway comment on it and stuff.
If the shading was done correctly it would be in style. Not so much hue change, and it helps if it's actually round.
Its good on the shading, but I feel it could be at least a little more bigger, but thats my opinion.
Zeph Wrote:If the shading was done correctly it would be in style. Not so much hue change, and it helps if it's actually round.

it is round it's just the AA on the sides (the very sides)... I'll change the shading colour and fix that

EDIT:

@Diogalesu: but compared to Mario from PM that's perfect in size.

EDIT:

[Image: papermariomri2hl4.gif] better?

also I'm assuming that the one w/ shading is better?
If the shading was rounder and you rounded out the eyeball.
It would be slightly better.

By the by, it's spelt 'idle'.
The goal of AA is to make it MORE round, not less.
granted, that's not the problem anyway.
That eye is as round as it can be at that size without looking weird... but I'll change the shading.

EDIT:

@Zeph, I didn't have enough AA make the sides push out slightly and looking not round...
If it was as round as it could be, we wouldn't tell you to make it rounder.
he's saying that he can't, because when he did it looked worse
Pages: 1 2