The VG Resource

Full Version: So I was fooling with Zelda 3 style~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: zeldaalttpworkshopee4.png]
Yeah, I made OoT Young Zelda, Vaati, and Samus Aran (as a joke; though she came out looking a lot better than I thought she would :b ). I guess Vaati is the highlight.

Vaati animated:
[Image: zalttpvaatianimxw9.gif]
Yeah I'm aware that ALttP's animations were never this smooth, but I figured I'd do it for the experience.

Tell me what you think.

I'm thinking about sheeting Vaati. Maybe I can actually finish something this time :X
I couldn't tell that, that was Samus at first...
tomster785 Wrote:I couldn't tell that, that was Samus at first...
Well yeah, the Samus isn't important anyway. Just ignore it, I guess.

Vaati is really the main point of this. x.O
Oh, okay. Well in that case, the Vatti is very nice it certainly fits the style and I DEMAND that you make a sheet of him.
No, Vaati still looks too much like his MC-style version. Try messing up a piece of the palette.

What I mean is, look at ALTTP-Link's hair. It's purple instead of yellow. If you mess up something in Vaati's palette, it'll look better IMO.

Also, the faces should be identical except for the colors, since Link's and Zelda's faces look WAY too similar.
Miles07 Wrote:No, Vaati still looks too much like his MC-style version. Try messingh up a piece of the palette.

What I mean is, look at ALTTP-Link's hair. It's purple instead of yellow. If you mess up something in Vaati's palette, it'll look better IMO.

Also, the faces should be identical except for the colors, since Link's and Zelda's faces look WAY too similar.

I'll see what I can do, but I didn't think I should make the same mistakes that Nintendo did. Plus everyone would wonder why I made his hair orange / his boots aqua / etc.

Plus it's mostly only Link and Zelda that have similar faces; I've got lots of people in mind right now that all have different faces.

Not that I wanna just through everything you said right out the window, but well, you know.
Well, it still looks too much like MC. Maybe if the palette were darker..?
not a bad Samus, but I love Vaati.
New animation:
[Image: zalttpvaatibackanimne9.gif]
Seems this one came out different than the last. It's faster. Probably because there's less frames. Oh well.
Miles07 Wrote:No, Vaati still looks too much like his MC-style version. Try messing up a piece of the palette.

I disagree with this. He is making a sprite of the character, whose official outfit and colors are the same as what he has now. Changing the color of part of the sprite won't make the sprite anymore in style, it'll just be the same sprite with off colors. The fact that Link has purple hair in Link to the Past (for whatever reason) isn't really relevant, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, these are looking good. One thing though, the amount of frames should probably be the same for the same actions just done at a different angle. i.e. The flowing cape on his front facing pose should have the same number of frames on his back facing pose. Otherwise, things might get kind of inconsistent if people use the sprites for anything.
Sol Wrote:Anyway, these are looking good. One thing though, the amount of frames should probably be the same for the same actions just done at a different angle. i.e. The flowing cape on his front facing pose should have the same number of frames on his back facing pose. Otherwise, things might get kind of inconsistent if people use the sprites for anything.

Funny... It was like that on the sheet I used as a ref (ripped by Spriter Trooper btw). I guess I could still add in an extra frame or two though. I'll see what I can do.
Update:
[Image: zalttpvaatibackanimgb0.gif]
I smoothed out the animation by adding in two extra frames. So now the frame amount is the same as the other one.

U Liek?
It looks like only his hat and his cape are moving. Make sure that all of his clothes and his hair are moving in the other animations, since you don't really see them in this one.
GadgetTR Wrote:Funny... It was like that on the sheet I used as a ref (ripped by Spriter Trooper btw).
Huh....well, maybe I'm wrong then. There's probably someone here that could tell you better than me, so..

Regardless of whether the extra frames are necessary, the new animation looks nice.
Miles07 Wrote:It looks like only his hat and his cape are moving. Make sure that all of his clothes and his hair are moving in the other animations, since you don't really see them in this one.

What else would move? O.o

The white part on his cape there is actually his hair hanging down if you didn't notice.
The hair looks too flattened on the cape, though, so it seems to me like the white is part of the cape. Maybe making the animation a bit more complex--

Wait a second! There aren't ANY standing animations in Zelda 3! He should only have a stance pose (1 frame), and walking and attacking animations! Check here!
Pages: 1 2 3